What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Socceroos World Cup??? can we make it? whats your thoughts

John_Travolta

Juniors
Ok guys I put this to you in all seriousness, do you think the Socceroos this time round will qualify for the next world cup if we go thru South America???? and play the 5th ranked team from their group?. I personally think so.......whats your thoughts?

Troy

suburbanknight

Juniors
If you still have to play the 5th best side in South America, then no I dont think you'll qualify. You dont play enough games against top class opposition to prepare the team for when they play someone half decent.

knights04

Bench
If Australia had direct entry then yes. Then again Australia could get defeated by PNG, New Zealand etc :mrgreen: and not even get a shot at the 5th South American side.

John_Travolta

Juniors
Papua New Guinea you reckon???? omfg.......now i`ve heard it all Knights03 get a clue man seriously thats utter Lunacy.

Mad Dogg

Juniors
As long as we keep away from Brazil and Argentina, we have a chance. We are playing a lot more friendlies than we ever have before, so our team should be more settled and used to playing with each other.

Hopefully we will also play away first, that will give us a slight advantage (FIFA owe us at least that).

woodgers

Bench
Hopefully we will also play away first, that will give us a slight advantage (FIFA owe us at least that).

Yep, thats correct. If we get to play away first we will have a great chance.

You honestly expect Australia to beat say Uruguay over there in Montevido?

Who said anything about beating them? We could go there for a result, 0-0 or 1-1 would be even better.

And as someone said previously, we play heaps more games together now and are better prepared than ever before.

Firstly, i honestly hold out hope for our boys to make the next world cup. I agree we hope that brazil and argentina have great tournaments as i think it will cost us our spot at the world cup, but other than that i hope against all hope we will make it. As for FIFA they are the worlds largest organisation of hypocrites that i have ever seen. They give us a full spot, than drop that half a spot because of the way New Zealand performed at the Cofederations Cup PLEASE they aren't even up to the standards Australia set out to achieve. I believe we should be playing in the Asian qualifying group as they are our nearest neighbours in the soccer playing world, south america is a goddamn half a world away, WAKE UP FIFA. Lastly, i can't wait for the new format of the local NSL league to take shape, it will do our game over here the world of good, and provide us with future Australian Soccer players. That's it for me could go on, on, on, and on but i won't.

GET BEHIND THE BOYS TO MAKE THE WORLD CUP. 8) :D :clap:

SP

Bench
Of course he does

he just doesnt want Australia going through and probably getting into the final 8 (although it would never happen, but you never know...... Senegal for example)

Raider Ultra

Bench
The fact is Oceania has a relatively small number of votes when it comes to the FIFA presidential elections, other confederations have more. Nuff said...

KnightSmurf

Juniors
IF Frankie gets his way and we get more friendlies played in Europe in the lead up to the qualifiers I can't see why we shouldn't make it. However to get that the teams in Europe where our players are playing NEED to release our players ... not just for the qualifiers but the friendlies as well.

This is where FIFA should step in and help Australia out. If they release other nations teams for friendlies they can release the Aussies as well.

As for going through either Asia or Sth America ... I'd much rather see them go through Sth America as we will have qualified through past a team that has a lot of solid oppostion in its qualifications ... helping prepare the boys for the WC.

Craig

Juniors
KnightSmurf said:
IF Frankie gets his way and we get more friendlies played in Europe in the lead up to the qualifiers I can't see why we shouldn't make it. However to get that the teams in Europe where our players are playing NEED to release our players ... not just for the qualifiers but the friendlies as well.

This is where FIFA should step in and help Australia out. If they release other nations teams for friendlies they can release the Aussies as well.

As for going through either Asia or Sth America ... I'd much rather see them go through Sth America as we will have qualified through past a team that has a lot of solid oppostion in its qualifications ... helping prepare the boys for the WC.

Unlikely about the help from FIFA.

Routy21

Juniors
Of Course we will make it! Its our time!! With Harry, V-Bomber, Emerton, Moore, Neil and young players like Bresciano and Grella! Ive already booked my flights to Germany in 2006!! GO YOU GREEN AND GOLD GOOD THING!!!

Latest posts