What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Social Media

maple_69

Bench
We can do so much more with social media than we currently do. All we get is a few club feeds with score updates, the odd forced interview at training. It's a great opportunity to connect with the stars like never before and build some real fanaticism around the game.

It's hockey (second tier USA) but look how engaging this is for a fan. It adds insight and personality to the support of a team on the field.

What do you think we can be doing to better connect fans with their team.

innsaneink

Referee
I do like what they did several times on Sterlo program this year, behind the scenes mic'ed up players coaches etc.

That said i think sometimes we know waaaay too much about players thru social media...big discussion currently on another forum im on re: signing players that have had a criminal past

I really dont give a stuff about their lives, their pasts - their sins or good deeds... a few interviews pre and post game - about the game - and the 80 minutes itself does me

POPEYE

Coach
Social media is akin to shaking someone's hand without looking them in the eye, meaningless, unless you keep a solid stance on right and wrong. Impossible unless you have first hand knowledge of all the circumstances so it's far better to make any judgements of players solely on what you see on the paddock.

maple_69

Bench
Thats what I though at first. I think though the main problem is we only ever see NRL players in robotic front the media mode. Theyre human and if they're just hanging around with their mates like these guys are, they will have a few more things to say.

Of course then you have a media manager editing and posting as appropriate.

alien

Referee
sometimes in the wwe (in a thin bar at the bottom of the screen) they show tweets that fans are writing about a match, as the match is going. they also sometimes show the tweets of the wrestlers about their own match, before the match begins, to give fans an idea of their mindset (even though its scripted, lol)

Snappy

Coach
lol so as well as being a turncoat you also watch WWE ? What a f**king loser.

alien

Referee
lol so as well as being a turncoat you also watch WWE ? What a f**king loser.

your opinion
image.jpg

:lol:

sometimes in the wwe (in a thin bar at the bottom of the screen) they show tweets that fans are writing about a match, as the match is going. they also sometimes show the tweets of the wrestlers about their own match, before the match begins, to give fans an idea of their mindset (even though its scripted, lol)

We are way ahead of that.
We get Sonny-Bills thoughts beamed live through our TVs.

Asnito

Juniors
FWIW that's from the AHL. If you're into that sort of thing the NHL has done several behind the scenes documentaries on leading up to the winter classic.

They're produced by HBO and the cameras follow the teams around for a month, kind of from a fly on the wall perspective, showing the interactions between coaches and players. I'm pretty sure they even show a behind the bench perspective during live games where you see the guys on the ice talking about dropping the gloves, interacting with the refs etc..

Latest posts