What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Solomona's Contract

We are under the cap for sure, if not we would have been able to keep Ian Hindmarsh and Brad Drew etc last season. WE PLAY BY THE RULES! unlike some inner city clubs who try to change them to suit themselves.
:evil:

Hurriflatch

Referee
Solomona's contract was taken 100% by Wakefield unlike Buettner's contract with Wests.

I'm fairly certain that means he does not count under the cap.

As Buettner's contact is offcially up this year aswell so the 150,000 odd the Eels paid him last year also doesn't count.

redeel

Juniors
Ahhhhhhhhhh Buetner, that was money well spent by the tigers NOT, he may end up at souths shortly, does he still play ?
and befor you call the clubs greedy ,just remember that the taxes we pay was our money once and the greedy little pricks carr n egan pluder it on shit like the parra Lpool bus route and their retirement fund they couldn<t run a piss up in a brewrery,what will become of the pokie tax, sure as shit wont be spent on hospitals ,schools etc

The Godfather

Juniors
Solomona will be a star in the UK

If washed-up NRL players such as Barry Ward, Adrian Lam, Brett Dallas, Dennis Moran etc etc are the high performers in the UK Super League at the moment, Solomona will blitz them.

He's still relatively young, at the peak of his form, and could easily have slotted into an NRL team this year.

Simple orders for the Wakefield backs. Wherever Solo runs - follow him. Chances are he will be able to draw a couple of defenders and get the ball away to them in space.

Razzar

Juniors
Wakefield seem to have the strongest team in years now.

These are some players you may recognise from the NRL who are with trinity 1st team.

1.David Solomona ( Paramatta Eels)
2.Sid Domic (Penrith Panthers)
3.Michael Korkidas (Sydney Roosters)
4.Dallas Hood (Sydney Roosters)
5.Albert Talipeau (Sydney Roosters)
6.Collum Halpenny (??????????)
7.Ben Jeffries ( West Tigers)
8.Semi Tadulala (Melbourne Storm)
9.Justin Ryder ( Newcastle Knights)

All these players are currently in the wakefield team... The only players we have not seen play are Talipeau + Ryder.

We seem to have a strong set up this year. And i will be telling the coach to get the backs to support solomona ;-) .

Raz

The Colonel

Immortal
Halpenny did play in our lower grade sides. Good player - played TRL with his brother for a few years.

bartman

Immortal
Yeah, Colum did good for us in lower grades, and I remember him heading overseas "to develop his playing skills". Hopefully he's holding down an SL first grade spot and doing ok, Raz?

Unfortunately I've never heard of players 5, 8 and 9 above, so...

Didn't our legend Ray Price do a stint playing at Wakefield in the... late 80s?

Jic Jarrett

Juniors
Ryder took Mcdougalls spot in either early '01 or '02. cant remember which. Tadulala was a Storm center if I'm right.

Razzar

Juniors
Here we go.

1.Halpenny played for Halifax in the 2002 season, he signed for us for 2003 he played all season in the first team last year and featured at centre, wing and full back whch he impressed a few people...IMO a bit slow but a solid player nonetheless.

His stats were for 2003. Now 7 try's aint bad considering he played FB.C and wing...but word is he was suffering from an close season op last year and wants a better year. :D

App=28
Try=7
Goals=0
Points=28

And yes Ray price dis play for the mighty Trinity and i believe he was one of the trinity stars of that decade ( i may be wrong).

2.Tadulala is a tall strong winger weighing in at 95k. He is quite fast but very powerfull as we saw when he brushed off a prop in the recent freindly we had.
Never given a chance at Melbourne cause of Geyer + Bai :evil: ..But he slipped in 12 apps this year and scored a decent 4 trys..some apps off the interchange.

Ryder had a brilliant 2001 season and was mainly first choice winger with 18 apps 6 try's...season 2002 5 apps 1 try begining to season 2003 he played a few games and unfortunately had to have an operation which put him out for the season till mid 03. :shock: But having just recovered he is at wakey looking to get his career back on track...stocky and fast wingman.

All in all some Good recruits.....

Solomona,Tadulala,Domic (this guys a Star!).

And some who are coming back to RL with alot to prove.

Ryder and Tilipeau.

This year will be good. as long as we don't get too many injuries.

Raz - That answer a few of you questions, :lol: .

Latest posts