What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some interesting things from Eels Official Board

*Parra Stadium to change name after placing ad in Financial Review for naming rights

*Irvine to Wests in 04

*Hindy pulls out of Roo tour.

interesting.........

The Colonel

Immortal
Does that mean with some extra money going into the stadium they might actually have a look at the queues for food and such?

How many hookers do the Tigers need? Not a particularly good move for Irvine especially when Brisbane are chasing one.

That means they now have Galea, Farah, Mears, Senter, De Gois, Levy and Bowman who all can play hooker. The poor kid couldn't even get a look in in the back row.

Eelectrica

Referee
Selling the naming rights to the stadium makes sense under the economic climate forced from the Pokie tax. All it means is that 2gb, foxsports, ch 9 etc. Will have to call it "Corporate name" Stadium. While fans can still call it Parra stadium, big stadium or whatever the hell else they feel like calling it.

Hindy Pulling out is a shame and a bit of a surprise. If more people pull out maybe the people running the game will get it through their thick skulls that the regular season is too long.

half

Coach
Hollywood Jesus said:
nooo

NOOO!

is this confirmed?

as for parra stadium, i'm going to have to put in a bid for that. go hindy! stadium

PARRA_FAN

Coach
What about Eels Stadium for a name?

A shame Irvine couldnt stay at Parra, good luck to him

How come Hindy pulled out of the tour, was he injured or something?

Its always bad luck when it comes to representing Australia for Hindmarsh, he hasnt played since 2000 World Cup and he hasnt played a test, next year he'll play in a test for sure.

Redback71

First Grade
what i dont get if is cant play due to suspension then why pull if your not ganna play anyway, and if he cant play due to suspension why was he named in the paper still as of todays paper? :?

Y2Eel

First Grade
Colonel Eel said:
He was only suspended for one game which he could have served over there.

Dont we play the kiwis in a one off test?? he'll miss that game due to suspension and miss the tour cos of injury....

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Hollywood Jesus said:
*Parra Stadium to change name after placing ad in Financial Review for naming rights

*Irvine to Wests in 04

interesting.........

If your heard it there, it probably happened a couple of months ago.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Hollywood Jesus said:

*Irvine to Wests in 04

interesting.........

Irvine IMO is a great player!!.....defensively brillant with a magnificent tackling technique & good runner out of dummy half......you cannot tell me the side was better off with Webster there :roll: :roll:

Hindy??.......that is bad luck!!......he done well to fight back from injury and IMO was Parra's best player in atleast half of the games he played for us this year!!

Namming rights??.......i knew it may come to something like this!!

Asics stadium.....Hardiflex stadium :lol: :lol: ...im sure well find someone with the right money......it will still be Parra stadium to many!!

The Worm

Juniors
With Tallis out of contention and now Hindy, I'm beginning to smell something fishy. It's not a good look for international rugby league to be trounced by the Aussies every time. There must be at least 10 top line players out of contention now.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Ron Jeremy said:
Hollywood Jesus said:
*Irvine IMO is a great player!!.....defensively brillant with a magnificent tackling technique & good runner out of dummy half......you cannot tell me the side was better off with Webster there :roll: :roll:

Here Here......................but I don't think that Irvine is one of teachers pets.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Also, if he misses round 1 due to suspension I presume he'll be docked three points in the Dally M or did that come off this year?

Would it also mean if he gets susepended again next season that he'd be ineligible for the Dally M seeing it was his second suspension despite the fact he committed the first offence this season?

Too confusing :?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Twizzle said:
Ron Jeremy said:
Hollywood Jesus said:
*Irvine IMO is a great player!!.....defensively brillant with a magnificent tackling technique & good runner out of dummy half......you cannot tell me the side was better off with Webster there :roll: :roll:

Here Here......................but I don't think that Irvine is one of teachers pets.

Exactley what i've heard!!!......he could have really made a diffence to our game this year!!