What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some of your Players are a Credit to your CLub - NOT

planeteels

Juniors
Well at least one should be strongly disciplined.

I posted this into the Eels Forum also.. but thought that it would be more suited in here.

I haven't named names!!!!

This happened DURING an A-Grade game .
----------------
Lets just say he was at a Junior League ground tonight as a spectator and in his infinite intellgence, decided it would be funny to try and Pass Footballs from outside the fence in an attempt to hit the Official Touch judge. This occurred 3 times!!! You ask.. "how did he get 3 attempts?" him and his mates asked the ballboy to give them the ball back. The first time came as the ball was kicked into the crowd from a penalty.

It was intentional because I heard him say to a ballboy and the players group of laughing mates "I'll try and get the Touchie". He missed all 3 times.
An Official Complaint will be going to the Bulldogs in coming days.

This is not Fiction. This is Fact. I saw him do it and heard him and his mates saying things.

Surely these people have more brains than to try such a stupid act in Public - especially when you have a Moderate Profile in League circles.
Whilst not a major incident, it certainly doesn't do any good for the image of the Club or the Game. Not to mention the wrong message it would have given to the ballboy (assuming he knew who the person was)

axie

Juniors
If this is indeed true then I hope my club disciplines the player involved. However, it would take more than the word of just yourself a few mates; I'd say nothing would come of this unless an official or a large group of people saw the incident.[font=&quot][/font]

0neye

If it true the Law would say its an assault,if I was the touch judge id call the cops;()

Cammo

Bench
As I said in The Eels forum that if true it is not acceptable, but I have seen far worse behaviour than that from players from all teams. I know that doesn't make it right but sometimes things need to be out into perspective.

Either way the player would have to be punished if he is found out do have done what is said above. Cannot take the word of one person on an internet forum though, there would have to be witnesses that could verify the version of events before the club could legally do anything.

Animal

Juniors
If you want to see "players behaving badly" head down to The Albion" after a Parra home game. See. Anyone can make up crap about 1st grade players. Paul Kent and Rebecca Wilson make a living out of it!

To post accusations without proof is just pointless. If I wanted to read stuff like that I'd just buy The Tele....

planeteels

Juniors
Actually difference is.. This isn't RUMOUR.. or SPECULATION... There is Proof by way of a Touch Judge and Junior League Official reports. I am an Official at the Club where the game was being played and had an un-obstructed view of the incident.

The Touch Judge is writing a complaint which will be forwarded onto the relevant parties for further action to be taken.

Guys, I'm not trying to start any rumour. This happened and there are a number of witnesses plus the ballboy that this player got the ball from.

This match was an officially sanctioned match and was being Officiated by Registered Referees and Touch Judges.

Sorry if you don't choose to believe it.. I wasn't posting it in hope that someone would believe it. There is nothing to believe or disprove. This happened and it may even be on DVD as the game was being recorded. When the first throw happened, play was directly in front of the incident - I am thinking that it may be visible (though the camera was on the far side of the field).

After walking past him and his mates and actually saying 'Hi' to him, I was roughly about 20 metres away with nobody in between me and this player and his mates (and the fact that he was the only one wearing a White Hooded Jumper made him stand out even more).

Folks, I agree that it might not be as serious as some things that happen around League circles, but the fact that this bloke showed no respect for the game that he is part of and the fact that he so blatantly showed disregard for the Code of Conduct for Spectators as well as breaching (i assume) a Club/Players Code. Surely you Doggies Fans deserve some time out of the limelight for the wrong reasons???

I sure as hell don't want the Players at my Club trying to immitate this blokes actions.

BTW.. The actions of Parra players at the Albion after home games is irrelevant. That is a Bar/NightClub!!! And their actions are yet to be questioned!!!

Moffo

Referee
PlanetEels,

With respect, I don't think it is a major issue. Just a footy boofhead being stupid

Without doubt, its something that you'd rather not hear about but at the end of the day its not going to change the world

Cheers,
Moffo

planeteels

Juniors
no actually.. irrespective of what club the player came from, I would have made mention. i know it is hard to imagine but I am not here to get a dig at the bulldogs.. I am just telling you that your players aren't doing anything to make your Team more likeable/bareable.

Moffo, I agree mate.. it won't change the world, but the fact that there were a few young kids around, makes it worse. These blokes are idolised by Young Kids and despite what anyone feels is wrong or right, kids like to immitate. You only have to look at a Junior League ban on Shoulder Charges in light of the popularity of SBW.

That is my issue.!!!

Dog-E

Juniors
Silly behaviour. A bit childish. Nothing more.

But WHOOOOO would have thought professional footy players could be a bit childish at times!?? Well not ME, that's for sure! :eek:

:roll:

My strong advice on this matter is - Take a deep breath Planeteels, and....forget about it. You'll live longer!

Cammo

Bench
Stop being like the Telegraph and blowing this out of proportion. We all know that if there was any substance to this then it would be all over the news right now.

It was stupid of the player no doubt, but there is much worse player behaviour from all clubs we should be concerned with than someone throwing a ball at someone.

As for Phillips, that is the stupidest post I have seen, how on Earth can you link someone throwing a ball with a drive-by shooting? Disgraceful.

JK

So there are official reports that will go through channels yet you couldn't help but bignote yourself by posting this on at least two forums? Why do you need to take the law into your own hands with internet innuendo? What makes you the judge, jury and executioner?

Go and bignote yourself elsewhere loser.

bulldog

Bench
Ohhhh, the big bad Buwdogs are scawing oo.

You say you said Hi to the player, did you happen to comment to him on his behaviour? Maybe contact security?

Or did you just sit back and watch?

Abusing anyone, officials or not, is poor form and if true the player deserves a reprimand. Sitting back and watching it is almost as bad, if it upset you so much why didn't you do something about it there and then.