What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

some players off contract

Stagger eel

Staff member
to be perfectly honest with you, there isn't a player on that list that wouldn't be able to add something in this current team! infact any 2 of those signings would be a major coup to our club.

yes fish eel, very good point 1\3 of the average tackle count accounted for.....would leave a good chunk of the team for attack now wouldn't it....gee and having tsoulos and another big bopper starting and fui fui, widders and dykes on bench...it looks a very formitable side i think....

Eelectrica

Referee
El Masri would be huge upgrade over Peterson. Also with his kicking we would definately not have lost the Sharks game and probably would have beaten the cowboys as well.

Stagger eel

Staff member
ofcourse he would! he would be amazing to have in the side! only problem is people like Hurriflatch don't like him, for apparently no reason whats do ever.

Mr_E

Juniors
The only player on the above list I would look at would be Ryan Cross. We need centres. However next year Lex will probably be back and hopefully killer too ;-) , so where to fit him in. A very good player though who could unseat one of those positions.

Having said all that, I'm a big believer in bringing the juniors through who want to play for parramatta not just for the money but for pride in the colours.

That's my two cents worth.

The Colonel

Immortal
With the likes of Pai, Mateo, Hinchcliffe, Afamasaga, Muckert, Hopkins, Nathan Armit and Brendan Oake in the lower grades back row is not a place we need to strengthen personally. However, new blood is good. Dean Young, defensively, would take as much pressure off Hindy as Morrison and would come at a cheaper price tag too.

The main place we need to focus on, especially if Lyon decides he wants to wait until 2007 to play again is centre and to a lesser extent fullback. Someone like Ben Hornby, who I understand is off contract would be good. Monaghan, Cross, Wairangi Koopu, Vince Mellars,Dustin Cooper or Scott Donald would be where I'd be throwing dollars.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Colnel: you wouldn't get any arguments from me!

when you have a look at the players coming through the ranks I would Have a shopping list that would cionsist of a world class centre, that could be either Cross, Monohan or Tahu, a try or pint scoring freak out on the wing ie: Donald or El Masri [to the horror of Flatch] and an established first grade back rower ie: Morrison, Watmough, Rigon or Pritchard

fish eel

Immortal
We wont go for Donald.

He'll be looking for an pay rise on his next deal....cant see us re-signing him for more than what he left on. Dont think we need to shop for a winger. We have Grothe, Burt, Peterson....Graham can play there, plus Gruzska and guys coming up the ranks like Smith and Lantry. IF we were to sign Cross, for example Lex would partner him and we'd have ample cover for the centres.

Phillips

Referee
eelavation said:
ofcourse he would! he would be amazing to have in the side! only problem is people like Hurriflatch don't like him, for apparently no reason whats do ever.

becase he is over-rated, Petersen has a better try scoring record then him

Eels Dude

Coach
tiger_nick said:
As if you guys will sign any good players

Be nice. All our new recruits are going to end up at Wests somewhere down the line, so maybe you should wish us well 8)

Eels Dude

Coach
Phillips said:
eelavation said:

becase he is over-rated, Petersen has a better try scoring record then him

Agreed on Hazem. He's not even that fast. The only positive reason to sign him would be for goalkicking, and I don't think we should buy any player for that reason alone. There are plenty of better wingers out there.

Stagger eel

Staff member
tiger_nick said:

can I remind you Nick, that some of us here have seen their team win 4 grand finals and have been in several play offs including 1 grand final since.

what can you tell me about your glory moments as a Tigers supporter???

1988/89 grand final appearence, a star studded line up which cost the club $12 million in 2000 and turned out to be deadset lemons and a record crown of 500'000 termites at Leichhardt oval.

neeeeext!! ;-)

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
im so lazy these days, but i agree with that...

Colonel Eel said:
With the likes of Pai, Mateo, Hinchcliffe, Afamasaga, Muckert, Hopkins, Nathan Armit and Brendan Oake in the lower grades back row is not a place we need to strengthen personally.
and that...
fish eel said:
Dont think we need to shop for a winger. We have Grothe, Burt, Peterson....Graham can play there, plus Gruzska and guys coming up the ranks like Smith and Lantry.

however any of our ex-eels back would make me smile :D too, but i don't know if they would...

concetrate on the lower grades and we'll be fine!! don't buy players in there positions and they'll think that this club has confidence in them, and play like they were born to!! im very passionate about this!! passionate and lazy!! ;-) :D

Redback71

First Grade
some knights off contract:

Kennedy
Woolnough
Newton
Carmont
Seage
richardson
lowrie
O'Davies
Parsons

id like woolnough, and carmont

The Worm

Juniors
Hollywood Jesus said:
Morrison is the only one I would look at. Always thought he was a top shelf player.

I've always thought he's a good, solid player, but not quite world class.

tiger_nick

Bench
eelavation said:
tiger_nick said:

can I remind you Nick, that some of us here have seen their team win 4 grand finals and have been in several play offs including 1 grand final since.

what can you tell me about your glory moments as a Tigers supporter???

1988/89 grand final appearence, a star studded line up which cost the club $12 million in 2000 and turned out to be deadset lemons and a record crown of 500'000 termites at Leichhardt oval.

neeeeext!! ;-)

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha you idiot

My point was as if you guys will buy anybody good! Maybe Andrew McFadden is off contract again

:lol:

Congratulations you pointed out the short comings of the club I support. ALong with some premierships you won 20 YEARS AGO

With in 3 years you guys will be wishing you had the likes of Marshall, Farah, Harrison, Fulton and Greally in your team.

Hurriflatch

Referee
At least Parra have won a comp

The Wests Tigers have never won a comp
and the last time Balmain managed to win was 1969

They have landed men on the moon but the Tigers still havn't won a comp