What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Someone rings, asks name then hangs up.

weasel

First Grade
There's this phone scam in South Korea targeted at parents of uni-aged students where someone rings up pretending to be a friend of your child ringing from the hospital where the child has been rushed to because of an accident, and requesting that you transfer them money so that they can pay the hospital costs. Happened to both my gf's mother, and a co-worker's aunty.

In both instances though the child happened to be in another place to where the caller claimed they were (my girlfriend was actually in Indonesia at the time, and the Aunty's son was going to uni in Seoul while the caller was saying they were in Busan) so neither got conned, but my girlfriend's mother got quite freaked out because there was the sound of a girl crying in the background.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
hamish and andy ran a prank earlier in the year where they had a theory that there were so many people called "john" that they were calling numbers at random and asking for john..
Well that just proves how silly those boys are. Everyone knows that all Australians are called Dave or Sharon.

Yours sincerely Sharon Davidson.

Hi guys,
A little earlier today someone (unknown number) called my mobile, asked is this Paul? (my real name) I said yes, then he hung up.

It's starting to bug me a little. Has anyone heard of any scams or anything like that? I'm normally pretty careful when it comes to throwing out paper work and stuff.

I'll be sure to log on to my bank daily and check my CC isn't being charged.

Its only a matter of time til you wake up in a ice bath with a kidney missing.

Consider yourself warned.