What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Something to be said for Finch

Iafeta

Referee
melon.... said:
The thing it highlights is Mason always has and always will run at little blokes. I think Finch's defence is fantastic and he'll make a good solid 5/8 next year with Firman at 7.

Name a big backrower that doesn't?

It sounds like its a new, cowardly concept. Stacey Jones has had to cope with it for 10 years. Its been in the game for decades. Its just good, smart footy. Tire out the half, make him do plenty of work.

TooheysNew

Coach
Cant run without legs.

Put that into practise lately? Thats something people who havent been in that situation say. :roll:
As a little bloke its not easy to make those tackles, whether you go around the legs or not.

pyro

Juniors
Brett Finch was a class act this season and if it wasn't for him we wouldn't have won the Minor Premiership that's for damn sure. His game has improved dramatically and he's the Halfback of the Year ffs. He has great defence and a great attacking game. Lead the comp for try assists.

How many times has a big guy run at a small guy and he's slid off the tackle and the bigger guys had to take him down. It happens in every game. But one of the biggest runs at Snags and he doesn't let go and saves his forwards from cleaning up, in the Grand Final too. Brilliant defence.

Raider_69

Post Whore
acually pyro Finch didnt pull him down by himself once that i remember, Flannary was the one cleaning up when finch was being carried

not a shot at finch, f**k mason is double his size (and the rest) but Flannary was the one that was puttin Mason on the deck, Finch just slowed him up

melon....

Coach
Guys guys guys...Im not trying to state the obvious tactic. Im stating that Mason is the biggest cat in teh NRL. He runs at little blokes ALL THE TIME, becuase he is SCARED of running at BIG BLOKES.

Get it?

Dicks.

Zef

Juniors
melon.... said:
He runs at little blokes ALL THE TIME, becuase he is SCARED of running at BIG BLOKES.
Get it?

Got it.

I guess that explains why he had no problem charging into the heart of The Roosters pack time and time again then. - After all The Roosters pack isn't very.... well, how do i put this?...

Let's just say they aren't very.... big. Some may even say they're a bit.... lightweight.

You always had a way of explaining the obvious Melon.

Kingytek

Juniors
Stranger said:
The thing it highlights is Mason always has and always will run at little blokes

Nobody wants to run at the biigest bloke on the field. If you can you should pic the smallest bloke when u get the ball. It decreases risk of injury

My tip for people like that, dont run at Lincoln Withers, shock of your life!!!

RB30DETT

Juniors
melon.... said:
Guys guys guys...Im not trying to state the obvious tactic. Im stating that Mason is the biggest cat in teh NRL. He runs at little blokes ALL THE TIME, becuase he is SCARED of running at BIG BLOKES.

Get it?

Dicks.

The "cat" made over 200 metres against your team, so what does that make them? Kittens?

Get it?

Dickless.

Dogaholic

First Grade
melon.... said:

Get it?

Dicks.

I wouldn't run at the swinging arm or Morley? How many times did i see Sonny bill cop a high one in that game?

Mr Saab

Referee
melon.... said:
The thing it highlights is Mason always has and always will run at little blokes. I think Finch's defence is fantastic and he'll make a good solid 5/8 next year with Firman at 7.

its called footy smarts. ALLLLLLLLLLL wide running 2nd rowers will target the smaller players. Why run at a bigger bloke who will negate any chance you have of making a break?

Azkatro

First Grade
I think it just highlights why I believe the Roosters forward pack were outplayed on the night. Put it down to the absence of Ricketson who usually does a lot of their tackling with Flannery. Of all the halves in the game, Finch was forced to make the most tackles - and most of those on a devastating Willie Mason. I don't think the little bloke did a lot wrong in the game, he was just knocked around from making all those tackles and it probably affected his playmaking abilities. Sherwin only had to do half the tackling Finch did. The Bulldogs forward pack was miles better - I mean they have Mason and Ryan running out wide. I don't think any other forward pack in the competition has the potential to do that much damage wide of the ruck. The Roosters certainly didn't.

Another huge factor was Ricky Stuart's ineptitude when it came to using his bench. The Roosters pack were forced to do an absolute mountain of work in defense compared to the Doggies, so when they ran out wide the Roosters lads were too buggered to go out and follow them - hence little guys like Finch have to instead.

Finch is a very good defender for a half. Poor bugger blames himself for the loss but his forward pack were completely outdone and his coach didn't rotate them enough. Halves can't do the job if their forwards don't.

melon....

Coach
Its a Dogs World said:
melon.... said:

Get it?

Dicks.

I wouldn't run at the swinging arm or Morley? How many times did i see Sonny bill cop a high one in that game?
Not enough.

skeepe

Immortal
Once again you show your true form melon. Ungracious to the max.

You would have preferred to see one of the rising stars of this game knocked senseless illegally by a thug in Roosters colours? I don't know why I'm surprised really. And to say that Mason is the biggest cat in the game when, up until grand final day you had one Justin Hodges in your team... :lol:

Foz

Bench
lazza said:
yes he did make those tackles, but gave up 15-20m in the mean time...

i think finch and firman dead set better bulk up over the off season.
Exactly right.
Does anyone think it was a coincidence that Mason was running at Finch all night?

Dog-E

Juniors
melon.... said:
Its a Dogs World said:
melon.... said:

Get it?

Dicks.

Not enough.

We LIKE Morley...he gets suspended heaps & without him (Fitzgibbon aside - who is gutsy as - the exception to the rule...) - your pack is the biggest bunch of OVERRATED softc0cks in recent memory!! :lol:

Jason Cayless!! :lol: :lol:

IF he could play within the laws of the game...Morley would be awesome...as it is he's a deadset liability - KEEP HIM IN THERE!!! :D

Dog-E

Juniors
With no HEART whatsoEVER now that Fittler's gone...watch for the Roosters to struggle to make the top 4 next season...

Heeeeeere puss, puss, puss puss PUSS!!!!!! :D

Latest posts