What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Legion

Juniors
@BrotherJim05 - he has all the potential in the world but he is going to have to work hard. I don't know if he has that drive.
That will always be a source of constant frustration to any coach he plays under; Mitchell does have the potential to be a dead-set-legend ..... but, it will not happen because he does not have the drive nor the right attitude to fullfil that potential.

As a Blues supporter I'd love to see him prove me wrong but I just don't see it happening.

Tigerm

First Grade
That will always be a source of constant frustration to any coach he plays under; Mitchell does have the potential to be a dead-set-legend ..... but, it will not happen because he does not have the drive nor the right attitude to fullfil that potential.

As a Blues supporter I'd love to see him prove me wrong but I just don't see it happening.
If he stops listening to his mates, he may be a chance.

Toughen up TFR!

He’s spent 8 months slandering and vilifying your club at every single opportunity.

He dares not to sign with us ...and he’s on our hit-list for the term of footballing life.

Ask the boy wonder whether or not he can walk past a tiger fan without being sneered at. His ego is bigger than Latrells but he has one more brain cell. Grub he is. Latrells not a grub, he’s just especially stupid.

Tigers v Roosters grand final and we slaughter you 36 -6!
Thanks TSP!

So far, we are having the last laugh - on the field. I am happy to leave the nastiness and vitriol to the Vermin - let's face it, they are the experts at it!

I look forward to the day of that Grand Final - very entertaining indeed!

You blokes should almost be a certainly this weekend, surely?

You must be smiling TFR and with good reason. Souths played better than I expected.
The Morris boys are as reliable as they come and they're not scared to share the load bringing the ball back out of their quarter.

You thought Mitchell played better? Well I guess he did carry the ball up a couple of times and he did make a couple of tackles I guess ...... seriously mate, LM was hopeless.
At least two tries [or was it three?] were scored because he was out of position.
Phil Gould was correct; Mitchell can't read a game.

When at Easts he was surrounded by players who basically coached him, making sure he was in position. They made him look good.

After all the nonsense talking himself up; the "FB is my position. Put me there and you'll see!", one would think that he'd have done everything in his power to succeed once given the opportunity.

He's more of a liability than an asset. He should be embarrassed. Yet he seems rather pleased with himself. A legend in his own mind.

Mitchell simply does not have what it takes to be fullback.
It will be most interesting to see what sort of contract Souths will offer him for 2021. I'd love to see his initial reaction when he's offered way less than he thinks he's worth.
Thanks mate. I won't pretend that I wasn't pretty happy at getting another one up on the old enemy. That always sets the weekend up on the right foot!

Yes, Latrell played better, but that assessment is coming off a pretty low base!

You are right with your other points. I think he is already regretting his move, but he will never, ever come out and admit that publicly. I hope for his sake that his career just doesn't fizzle out and end prematurely. But, then again, he did say that he would probably retire at 30, so maybe that is his plan all along. The only problem might be if he doesn't get the money that his hangers on were telling him about. Boy, that was a terrible move, wasn't it!

Thanks mate. I won't pretend that I wasn't pretty happy at getting another one up on the old enemy. That always sets the weekend up on the right foot!

Yes, Latrell played better, but that assessment is coming off a pretty low base!

You are right with your other points. I think he is already regretting his move, but he will never, ever come out and admit that publicly. I hope for his sake that his career just doesn't fizzle out and end prematurely. But, then again, he did say that he would probably retire at 30, so maybe that is his plan all along. The only problem might be if he doesn't get the money that his hangers on were telling him about. Boy, that was a terrible move, wasn't it!

The main lesson was that our chair should stay out of recruitment.

He hasn’t been sighted since!

Legion

Juniors

Yes, it seems to be a common theory that Mitchell has too many wankers blowing smoke up his arse.
Like 'The Mouth' Mundine for example, who would be the last bloke from whom one should take advise [threw a dummy spit and walked away because he was too stupid and had too much of an inflated self-opinion to realise that he did not break into rep sides because; 1.There were better players in front of him. 2. He was inconsistent. 3. He had a shithouse attitude.]

Mitchell has plenty of time to turn things around.
His best hope is that Uncle Wayne gives him a cuddle and has a heart-to-heart chat and tells him how it is. 'Son, accept the fact that FB is not your position. If you put your head down, train hard, be a team player and stop listening to cretins who don't know their bumhole from their mouth, stop sulking and be grateful for what you have, then you will have a bright future.'

Mitchell reminds me of Hayne in many ways. Both are big, strong, fast and naturally athletic. Hayne was a dead-set wrecking ball when all the planets aligned. He had the potential to be an Immortal.
What held him back was his piss-poor attitude. Just like LM he was lazy, had a swelled head and was a sulker.
One can only imagine what effect that has on teammates.

I'd agree with the talk that Easts let Mitchell go because he was just too much like hard work. Most blokes would be satisfied earning big dollars to play footy and be content to be playing in a side like Easts, especially after winning two premierships.

Let's hope that Bennet can get through to him.

Last edited:

super_coach

First Grade
Mitchell was not what we needed right now. We needed a squad of 30 odd players all willing to bust their guts for the team and the team is bigger than anyone one player.
In saying that I have no doubt within a month he will be a dangerous player and will be a force.
If our team was up of hardened quality footballers than I would have jumped at him

Vic Mackey

Referee
Mitchell was not what we needed right now. We needed a squad of 30 odd players all willing to bust their guts for the team and the team is bigger than anyone one player.
In saying that I have no doubt within a month he will be a dangerous player and will be a force.
If our team was up of hardened quality footballers than I would have jumped at him

Yeah I thought he was pretty good tonight

Honestly reckon we should lock this thread. We didn’t get him and looking back it was for the best. Continuing on about it 6 months later makes us look like jealous ex’s. let’s save that shit for Moses and Matterson.

Honestly reckon we should lock this thread. We didn’t get him and looking back it was for the best. Continuing on about it 6 months later makes us look like jealous ex’s. let’s save that shit for Moses and Matterson.
I agree with that Vic, you guys are better than that. That's the sort of thing the Rabble would do. Go the Tigers for tonight!

I'd agree with the talk that Easts let Mitchell go because he was just too much like hard work. Most blokes would be satisfied earning big dollars to play footy and be content to be playing in a side like Easts, especially after winning two premierships.
Spot on, exactly right Legion. Well, let's not go that far, but I get your point! I certainly don't wish any ill will on him. He is young, made a mistake, and will possibly regret it. I have moved on from it, and everyone else should as well.

Legion

Juniors

Most of the comments here have been fair I think.
Many of us were horrified at the thought of paying LM $1mil per year and were relieved when we withdrew the offer because we did not believe that was good value for money. I don't see it as sour grapes at all.

Mitchell did play better against the Storm [simply because he appeared to be in the right mood to play footy] but he's still not up to standard.
The time to close the thread is when he's either proved us doubters wrong or loses the #1 on his back.

Just my 2c worth.