What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sonny Bill joins Roosters for 2013 Season

nqcowboy87

Bench
so whats the general consensus among roosters fans over the signing (i wasnt gonna start another thread just to ask this question and clutter up the roosters area) i mean it wasnt only dogs fans who feel like he is a tool

H.H

Juniors
A risk, but one worth taking imo.

Could be potentially massive for the club.

Geohood

Bench
so whats the general consensus among roosters fans over the signing (i wasnt gonna start another thread just to ask this question and clutter up the roosters area) i mean it wasnt only dogs fans who feel like he is a tool

95% positive.

rugbynotsoccer

Juniors
rooster fans have no pride from each fan to the top of the organisation. Always the first ones out on the quick buy, players with no heart and commitment. SBW is going to get injured all season early, can't wait for the crying!

Remember what i said.

Geohood

Bench
Sbw is our first big purchase other than Maloney for a good while. Most clubs and coaches would of loved to have him on board I would suspect.

fowlster

Juniors
rooster fans have no pride from each fan to the top of the organisation. Always the first ones out on the quick buy, players with no heart and commitment. SBW is going to get injured all season early, can't wait for the crying!

Remember what i said.

1-1.gif

You are a merkin ....

Remember what i (sic) said.

Cliffhanger

Coach

Remember what i said.
Yeah because you're the only uninformed misguided fool saying it.

As for this ridiculous notion that we have no pride, it's pride which makes us demand top performance and results from our team, SBW is a risk, but the potential pay off is huge. I speak only for myself, but I'd recruit Satan himself if he could play good footy.

Have you looked at our roster lately though? There are less than a handful of players that have played for other teams.

Monk

Referee
Sonny Bill has contract approved by NRL

LINK

The wait is finally over for Sonny Bill Williams, with the ARLC informing the Sydney Roosters that the code-hopping superstar's 2013 playing contract has been registered.

After signing a one-year deal with the Roosters on November 13, it's been a drawn out process for salary cap auditor Ian Schubert to approve the deal.

The dual-international is pursuing a boxing career on the side and has a fight against South African Francois Botha scheduled in February.

Williams represented the All Blacks this year before enjoying a stint in Japanese rugby, and there's every chance he will switch back to the 15-a-side code after his commitments with the Roosters are finished in 2013.

At his welcoming press conference with the Roosters back in November, Williams seemed nonplussed about returning to league, making it clear he was only doing so to honour a handshake promise to the club's chairman Nick Politis.

There were some concerns Williams would walk out on his Roosters deal if the NRL didn't register the contract quickly.

Interim chief executive Shane Mattiske said signing off on the deal was a complex procedure.

"By the nature of Sonny Bill's other sporting commitments there have clearly been some unusual circumstances around the contract including his direct negotiation of the contract through a legal representative," said Mattiske.

"It has been the salary cap auditor's absolute responsibility to review all aspects of the payments in the contract and the negotiations leading up to the contract.

"Ian Schubert has done exactly what he is required to do throughout this process and his task has been made more challenging by deficiencies in the Roosters' documentation of the negotiations, which did not fully comply with the NRL's player contract and remuneration rules."

Mattiske said the Roosters can expect a fine in the new year for failing to put all their cards on the table.

The Roosters failed to follow regulations in recording and supplying information to the ARLC, Mattiske said.

Schubert had to seek advice from a solicitor in rubber stamping the deal and Mattiske said the ARLC would also keep a close eye on Williams commercial agreements.

"There are a number of assurances on the part of the club and in relation to Sonny Bill's commercial agreements that are being relied upon in this process and that will be monitored," he said.

"Given the unusual features of this contract it was necessary for Ian to engage a solicitor to assist with the investigation which included interviews of a number of persons and a consideration of various documents.

"Ultimately, a report of the investigation was furnished to the Commission along with advice from Senior Counsel.

"The Commission has also determined that the club should face a sanction ... the amount of this breach will be assessed following a recommendation in the new-year."

adamkungl

Immortal
You been talking to Bunniesman?

The word of Phil 'Bunniesman' Rothfield is gospel.

Having a good laugh at the Souffs numpties talking it up in the NRL forum. first top 4 finish in a thouuusand years, after which they were unmercilessly dumped from the finals by far superior teams and they suddenly think they're in a position to talk shit. Pffffffffffffffffffffffffft :lol:

Monk

Referee
I'd love to take on Souffs in a finals match next season. Would be the greatest game of all time.