What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sonny-Bill Williams : A changed man

You view on SBW

• I like him

Votes: 27 26.7%
  • I liked him in the past, now I dislike him

Votes: 40 39.6%
  • I never liked him

Votes: 34 33.7%

• Total voters

smeghead

Bench
I am not knocking your team.

I am just stating that he could have pulled out of that late tackle, but had the shiates and put a late hit on our tryscorer. The Ref warned him after he did it.

Grub.

If that makes him a grub than Sandow's dive was Ennis like

He is turning into a Justin Hodges 2003-4.
agreed there..you watch him and he walks..all the time.Sure he might do something good once in a while every 3rd game that the commentators will just loooovvveeee..but really he does little by way of hard work..give me someone who will roll his sleeves up.Last nite he was playing against some honest players who looked after him and he produced nothing...when the game was the to be won..he gave nothing but Mouth and a filthy elbow after souths scored

Deetroy72

Juniors
SBW had a gd game not spectacular but great players cant always produce. His public image needs work but onfield he's playing in a team with no confidence

Im happy he's on the field - period.

BTW and related to last night's game: Drop Ben Roberts, ?? over Andrew Ryan's leadership and captaincy, and will the doggies forwards please hold onto the f'ing ball

Congrats to Rabbits for making another comeback but the doggies let them in

1 more fing that new presenter Ryan ?? really sucks and Gary Belcher must feel really pi$$ed

skeepe

Immortal
Last night, with the game on the line, that's when great players step up. SBW went into hiding.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
He still played pretty good last night (not great) and he still comes up with special plays, like when he got out from marker and stripped the ball from Luke one on one with Souths hot on attack. No-one else in the comp does stuff like that.

I'm really f*cked off with the way he's managing his "image" at the moment, but as a player he's going better than ever and living up to the hype (if it's even possible to live up to that amount of hype). He's not superhuman, but he is the best backrower in the world.

bartman

Immortal
"Here you go Hazem, have a run while I have a bludge".

Cat.
:lol: It's moments like that which show that greatness eludes him. Will become a footnote in our game before too long, if he doesn't pull his finger out and work for 80 mins for his club, like other back rowers of the like of Heighington.

Coaster

Bench
Maybe Folkes should do a video message and send it into the Footy show, i see SBW on there asking if anyone wants him to help there team

sonnydilkerouac

Juniors
:lol: It's moments like that which show that greatness eludes him. Will become a footnote in our game before too long, if he doesn't pull his finger out and work for 80 mins for his club, like other back rowers of the like of Heighington.

I think Sonny puts in for the doggies every game he runs out there..
I agree that Heighington's workrate is immense and the fact that Sonny matches and betters Chris in many areas so far this season is a testiment to SBW's work ethic.

SBW
Games Played - 10
Ave Mins - 76.7
Line Breaks - 6
Line Break Assists - 9
Ave. Mtrs - 127.1
Ave Tackles - 23.3
Try Assists - 4
Trys - 3
Ave. Offloads - 3.3

CH
Games Played - 14
Ave Mins - 77.42
Line Breaks - 4
Line Break Assists - 0
Ave. Mtrs - 123.7
Ave Tackles - 31.9
Try Assists - 1
Trys - 3
Ave. Offloads - 0.8

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
I rate Sonny as the best player in the game. Whilst I am not a fan of his management I do not have a problem with the way Sonny has handled himself this season.

He signed a contract with the Bulldogs for less than his market value under the illusion that loyalty still existed in the game and he was at a leading club. When Mason was allowed to walk out on his contract and he looked around to see a dismantled team of reserve graders around him that illusion had been well and truly shattered.

I don't know if he was every serious about walking away from his contract. I have the feeling he was just applying pressure on a cashed up Bulldogs management for an upgrade. Given the circumstances the club now found itself in to when he signed the contract I think that was fair enough.

The Bulldogs should have accepted his current frustraition as a reasonable mind frame and given him a 50k a season top up as a peace offering. I believe this move would have satisfied all parties.

The Preacher

First Grade
Just get rid of that pelican of a manager. He isn't allowed to negotiate with clubs for you anyway, when the time comes, and he's a cretin.
An amazing football talent who is being transformed from a quiet, humble young bloke, to some sort of badboy, by a prick.

shark_fin_soup

Juniors
I reckon, had he not kicked up a fuss in the media and demanded all this attention from union etc, the dogs would've given him an upgrade. The fact that he behaved like a spoiled arrogant knob and his public speaking coach was mundine and co. forced the bulldogs to play hard ball.

I've got no doubt that after his contract is over, he will be lost to the NRL for the big bucks overseas.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
No change of opinion here

I only really look at blokes as players, because i trust bugger all that the media puts out, always some sort of spin on it with those blokes. 95% of the quotes tarnishing the bloke have come from the mouth of his manager

That would be the only thing i think he has done wrong, allign himself with this Nasser clown

Latest posts