What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sonny Bill Williams

robbo333

Juniors
is he as good as everyone thinks. hes not a match winner and i dont think he runs hard enough

what happened to those big hits from back in 2004

ByRd

First Grade
did you see his game last week??? no he hasnt been at his best but is slowly getting there and working his way up. He doesnt have to carry the side and win games for us as we have plenty of others who are capable also and dont just rely on one man. Sonny doesnt run hard enough lolll watch the game tomorrow night and well see if he doesnt run hard enough...

doglyf said:
did you see his game last week??? no he hasnt been at his best but is slowly getting there and working his way up. He doesnt have to carry the side and win games for us as we have plenty of others who are capable also and dont just rely on one man. Sonny doesnt run hard enough lolll watch the game tomorrow night and well see if he doesnt run hard enough...

Whilst he is a good player he spends too much time trying to offload the miracle balls which do nothing for the team...he needs to prove that he can gain the hard yards through straight hit ups..:cool:

ByRd

First Grade
Yes, i admit his shoulder charges are trying to be used to frequent and he just has to learn to wrap the ball up 90% of the time. But last week the contact he was putting in was solid and was just wearing the opposition down, when he tackles you, you feel it.

strewth_mate

Bench
Can't (totally) help being hyped up like he is, and I don't think he's as good as all that, but I still consider him a very very handy player. He has a huge presence on the field at times, and when he gets involved it sometimes looks like the opposition forgets how to tackle and opportunities can arise from his looking to keep the ball alive. It's almost like a Jason Smith situation, where he looks to be inexplicably gifted with all the time in the world.

Without his offloading, I'd probably not rate him as highly though. I haven't seen too many times when he's put his head down and charged into the opposition looking only to make ground, and his tackles are sometimes a bit of a myth. But he'll show a lot of enthusiasm and try and put himself everywhere in defense, and try to make things happen in attack, so he's a much more capable player than a lot of others around him.

BWNB

First Grade
He will be tested next week against the Sharks pack who havn't been dominated this year and are the best going around ATM

BWNB

First Grade
mattyg said:
:lol: souths walked all over the sharks pack

O yes they did so thats 8/9 but atm the Sharks pack is still better than the dogs pack:lol:

Jono078

Referee
BlaC_WIte_"N"_BlUE said:
He will be tested next week against the Sharks pack who havn't been dominated this year

I thought the Knights done a fair job a few rounds ago :cool:

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
BlaC_WIte_"N"_BlUE said:
He will be tested next week against the Sharks pack who havn't been dominated this year and are the best going around ATM

Talk like that is usually what gets the Dogs fired up for a big one.

When do Manly play the Sharks? That'll be a real test for both teams. On form close to the best two backrows in the comp.

BWNB

First Grade
KeepingTheFaith said:

When do Manly play the Sharks? That'll be a real test for both teams. On form close to the best two backrows in the comp.

Round 18

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
SBW is as good as the hype. He's been playing brilliantly since returning. Against the Knights he was deadset taking the piss at times.

I'm starting to think that the people who criticise him are (ironically) actually people who don't watch him play.

Hari Kari

Juniors
tbone10 said:
he still can't tackle

all he has is a shoulder charge which is hardly effective

He was trying them a couple of weeks back against the Tigers and when he missed one on Ben Galea the Tigers scored.

Inferno

Coach
KeepingTheFaith said:

Seems their non-rep players always love to prove how good they can be without their "stars" as well.

We sure as hell got ambushed when we played them last year before Origin.

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
His reputation of big hitting is based on 2 games and his reputation of a damaging ball runner is based on 4 good games. The rest of the time his injured, his not as good as everyone talks him up to be, his not a workhorse like most backrowers either he can go missing for 30 mins a game, there are better backrowers out there. But in time I think he can live up tp the hype.