What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sons of Anarchy

Someone

Bench
So when it hit the crescendo I just sat in silence. I was NOT expecting that! And using the same trucker who helped Gemma the week before was a tiny little twist that Sutter is good at.

I disagree. I was wondering where they were going with the car chase and him ramming into a truck felt like sutter had written this great big chase scene and didn't know how to finish it.

the final episode as a whole I quite enjoyed. but that last scene was rubbish.

what was the point of making the driver of the truck the same dude as last episode? if it was meant to be a twist it didn't work on me, the only effect it had on me was highlighting the selfishness of Jax, putting his suicide on a truck driver we already know helped his mother makes us feel bad for him. Even in suicide Jax still finds a way to cause more heartache.

The other issue is the portrayal of Jax as Jesus Christ himself. the bread and wine of the angel of death at the courthouse with the bread and blood on the side of the road combined with Jax extending his arms on the bike is meant to be some sort of reference to crucifixion. Maybe it was meant to highlight Jax saving his sons, his club and everyone from his presence and his so called 'sacrifice'.

I just didn't buy it.

If he wanted his sons to learn what a piece of work he really was and keep them away from the outlaw life then prison would have been a better sacrifice. But that would have been seen as a boring end I suppose.

The other issue I had was the shitty CGI with the blood and the bread on the side of the road. I nearly laughed.

Il never forget that last scene for all the wrong reasons.

chrisD

Coach
Nero won, that's the main thing.

There were a lot of ways this show could have gone that would have been more worthwhile. It started like it was going to be about the soul of Charming and the role/survival of an outlaw gang in a small town in modern times. Then it looked like it was going to be about Jacks the empire builder. But in the end it was just about Jacks being Jesus.

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
Just watched it and incredibly underwhelmed. Couldn't think of a smart finish to the show so just went with the suicide route. Or maybe it was trying to be smart but just showed itself for what the show really was.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
I liked the end, it was the only way that it could end without Tara still being alive. It was never gonna make everyone happy but it gave closure to the series, not many unanswered questions.

Only questions for me would be how the kids reacted to Jax death and the direction of the Sons under Chibs.

natheel

Coach
I liked the end, it was the only way that it could end without Tara still being alive. It was never gonna make everyone happy but it gave closure to the series, not many unanswered questions.

Only questions for me would be how the kids reacted to Jax death and the direction of the Sons under Chibs.

well Sutter is apparently in talks for a sequel so maybe we will find out?

natheel

Coach
I heard it was going to be a prequel and go back right to the start when the club started.

yeh i heard that as well but also since the series finished he's apparently tossing up a sequel also as the finale left a few questions open and possible stories for a sequel. Personally i'd rather a prequel

True. I don't recall if she was aware of Gemma's role in ot though.

It was the letters from Ireland intended for Jax. Along with Clay, Gemma and Unser are implicated in JT's death.
Clay tried to have Tara killed because of them.
Piney confirmed that to Tara, and Clay killed Piney because of what was getting brought up.
Gemma got the letters off Tara, took out the parts that implicated her and Unser and gave them to Jax so he'd kill Clay.
Pretty fitting that Unser and Gemma died near each other at about the same time.