What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soufffs

Iafeta

Referee
They were missing their whole pack you knob

They were missing Taylor and Stuart. Fair play. They also had Roy Asotasi (international prop), Sam Burgess (international forward) and Isaac Luke (international hooker). Missing their whole pack is a gross overstatement.

Johns Magic

Referee
They were missing Taylor and Stuart. Fair play. They also had Roy Asotasi (international prop), Sam Burgess (international forward) and Isaac Luke (international hooker). Missing their whole pack is a gross overstatement.

The 'great' pack that the OP referred to included Stuart, Taylor, Crocker, Ross and Geddes, who were all missing. Not to mention Luke was underdone and played half a game.

Clearly 'whole' was exaggerating...but if you think that was the 'great' pack that got talked up at the start of the year that was out there last night...well, you'd be wrong.

Who was still there is not the point at all. Yes they could have still won with who was there and still had a handy pack. But the Dogs did not beat Souths' full-strength pack last night, as the OP stated. There's no more to it than that.

Rogue.9

Juniors
What a ridiculous thread. I don't really care that half our forward pack was missing. It was still a better forward pack than the Bulldogs' pack.

The fact of the matter was that John Sutton had his worst game in first grade. Our entire play goes through him. Therefore, we lost.

It was probably the lowest NRL game of the year.. the Bulldogs were deadset ordinary.. we were just disgraceful. It's not endemic of the whole year though.
You obviously didn't see the Parra vs Knights earlier in the year or either of the Parra vs Sharks games

Bro Bear

Juniors
Souths have had problems all year with injuries. If they did not sustain so many injuries I am sure they would of been in the semis.

Gold Coast - get money from the NRL because they cannot paid their players; however, have the hide to chase Inglis.

One club I do not want to see win this year's premiership.

Manly (for most of their supporters but I hope they don't because of their pie eating media manager Peter "Miss Piggy" Peters) or St George will win the title this year.

Souths will be a better team next year.

Iafeta

Referee
The 'great' pack that the OP referred to included Stuart, Taylor, Crocker, Ross and Geddes, who were all missing. Not to mention Luke was underdone and played half a game.

Clearly 'whole' was exaggerating...but if you think that was the 'great' pack that got talked up at the start of the year that was out there last night...well, you'd be wrong.

Who was still there is not the point at all. Yes they could have still won with who was there and still had a handy pack. But the Dogs did not beat Souths' full-strength pack last night, as the OP stated. There's no more to it than that.

Geddes is average. Crocker, Ross and Geddes barely seem to make it onto the field so really they should be seen as a 'bonus' should they ever play rather than taken seriously into calculations. Stuart and Taylor are big losses. But for a squad that still has Asotasi, Burgess, Pettybourne, Luke in their pack they should be doing a lot better.

You have to also remember mate, the second coming of Cliffy Lyons plays for them also. Cliffy used to win games on his own for fun alone. To me, John "I'll adorn Chrissy Sandow the new Cliffy even though I'm the only one who believes it" Lang is coaching from a 1997 manuscript. If they miss the eight, they are an enormous disappointment.

Iafeta

Referee
Souths have had problems all year with injuries. If they did not sustain so many injuries I am sure they would of been in the semis.

Gold Coast - get money from the NRL because they cannot paid their players; however, have the hide to chase Inglis.

One club I do not want to see win this year's premiership.

Manly (for most of their supporters but I hope they don't because of their pie eating media manager Peter "Miss Piggy" Peters) or St George will win the title this year.

Souths will be a better team next year.

Other clubs have had enormous problems with injuries also. I think there's about two blokes in my club's top 25 who have been available for selection for every round, there has been horrendous injuries in and around that.

To me, the Rabbitohs have no depth. Guys like Jamie Simpson, Shaune Corrigan and Luke Capewell are having a laugh at this stage of their careers.

Meth

Staff member
I enjoy watching Souths and most of their supporters are ok. But we had some arrogant mongoloid on the Warriors' forum a little over a week ago boasting about how successful Souths have been. That whole card is getting weaker and weaker.

Here are some things that happened in the same year the last time Souths actually won a premiership.

The first ever ODI match is played.

A new stock market index called the Nasdaq debuted

Frazier defeated Ali

The nation of Bangladesh was born

You get the idea? Gloating about 20 premierships, the last of which you enjoyed when Nixon was president and the bulk of which you enjoyed pre- World War 2 is getting increasingly weak

Penance

Juniors
They were missing Beau Champion, Ben Ross, Shannon Mcpherson, Falloon got injured so Luke had to play more minutes than usual, Michael Crocker, David Taylor, Luke Stuart, Scott Geddes

Fairfax

Juniors
I can tell straight away your aged between 12-14 and haven't watched a Souths game all year, Sandow has been one of their best for months now you goose.

Loved his kicking game Friday... Sutton is the real hack... shouldn't be 5/8. The ball dies with him too often for my liking. What Souffs missed most on Friday night was a 115kg man running at wingers. Would have made all the difference.