What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souffs Sydney nude video complaint

Fire

First Grade
Bulldogs need a solicitor like Chris Murphy. I never understood when the NRL enforced their fine on the Bulldogs why a Sydney-based solicitor didn't advocate pro bono on their behalf simply for the publicity it would generate for their practice.

Cockosh

Juniors
I wonder if he will sue his brother for saying he did the wrong thing?
Got to give souffs credit for their handling of this. Reminds me of an episode of Rat Donovan lol

The Marshall

Juniors
So is forming one of these "investigation committees" going to be standard practise when incidents occur from now on? Might as well shut down the Integrity Unit then.

Life's Good

Coach
True but their previous capitulations to media pressure have left the media believing they can dictate terms.

At some point the NRL/Clubs need to tell the media to FO and stop sensationalising some of this off field stuff.
I'm not saying this is the catalyst because I dont think the admin of our game is competent enough to manage that, so its small steps. Hopefully this is one of them where I think its been handled well with no knee jerk reaction.
I agree with your point about capitulation to a media hell bent on cranking up the hysteria (for paper sales & clicks) and feel for the likes of Pearce(and others)who bore the brunt of a few nanny state w*nkers trying to tell everyone what they should be outraged about.

Pommy

Coach
Mitchell Pearce must be sitting back, uttering "que?" at this whole process and how it's been handled compared to when he also did nothing wrong according to the law.

I can understand why fans of other clubs can see this as being double standards but this has the potential to be a very good thing for the sport.
NewsCorp can’t be allowed to to run the game, the NRL and clubs need to take a stand and say no more.
I’m not convinced we will win tomorrow night, but if we do I don’t believe anyone who isn’t a sharks/Melbourne fan could really support a player getting banned for an incident Rupert sat on for months to cause maximum damage.

Last edited:

Cockosh

Juniors
I can understand why fans of other clubs can see this as being double standards but this has the potential to be a very good thing for the sport.
NewsCorp can’t be allowed to to run the game, the NRL and clubs need to take and stand and say no more.
I’m not convinced we will win tomorrow night, but if we do I don’t believe anyone who isn’t a sharks/Melbourne fan could really support a player getting banned for an incident Rupert sat on for months to cause maximum damage.
I’d like to think you are right but I have zero faith the nrl won’t knee jerk the next time a player does something stupid. The Tele just got unlucky this time. This won’t change a thing. I think the lesson here is for the clubs to get on he front foot and threaten legal action if either the media or nrl cross the line

Meapro Ham

Juniors
So is forming one of these "investigation committees" going to be standard practise when incidents occur from now on? Might as well shut down the Integrity Unit then.

This is where I’m confused by the process. The “Investigation Committee” included the Souths Chairman, CEO and Head of Operations.

Shouldn’t it have been a totally independent body? Isn’t that what the Integrity Unit is for?

So it’s now seemingly back to the clubs to decide these things. I realise they had two NRL people on the committee but still 3/5ths were Souths people.

Pommy

Coach
I’d like to think you are right but I have zero faith the nrl won’t knee jerk the next time a player does something stupid. The Tele just got unlucky this time. This won’t change a thing. I think the lesson here is for the clubs to get on he front foot and threaten legal action if either the media or nrl cross the line

Well Souths and Sam have demonstrated what to do, if the clubs fold like wet tissue and appologise to every man and his dog for nothing like the bulldogs did there’s no hope.

Latest posts