What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souffs Sydney nude video complaint

Cheap Charlie

Juniors
This is where I’m confused by the process. The “Investigation Committee” included the Souths Chairman, CEO and Head of Operations.

Shouldn’t it have been a totally independent body? Isn’t that what the Integrity Unit is for?

So it’s now seemingly back to the clubs to decide these things. I realise they had two NRL people on the committee but still 3/5ths were Souths people.
Maybe you missed the 2 NRL heavyweights on the committee.

And who else was expected to represent Souths in a matter of such gravity (albeit media-confected gravity)? The f**king’ groundsman??

Edit: correction. I see you acknowledged NRL presence. But my question is valid.

Last edited:

Meapro Ham

Juniors
Maybe you missed the 2 NRL heavyweights on the committee.

And who else was expected to represent Souths in a matter of such gravity (albeit media-confected gravity)? The f**king’ groundsman??

Edit: correction. I see you acknowledged NRL presence. But my question is valid.

I’m just trying to understand the process.

Were Bulldogs officials allowed to sit in on whatever group or committee decided they should be fined half a million bucks or whatever it was?

Was Nick Politis or other Roosters officials allowed to be part of the process that resulted in the massive fines and suspensions in the Mitchell Pearce incident?

If not why not? Why is this different?

bileduct

Coach
Was Nick Politis or other Roosters officials allowed to be part of the process that resulted in the massive fines and suspensions in the Mitchell Pearce incident?

Blah blah blah, let's just ask a whole bunch of questions (that you could answer yourself if you actually bothered to use a search engine) in lieu of an actual real argument that there's been some miscarriage of justice here.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...o/news-story/8d1083036139156143cbb3b0999fa93f

The Roosters reached an agreement with the NRL integrity unit this morning after 48 hours of negotiations.

“It was pleasing to see that Mitchell contacted our Chairman Nick Politis and suggested that the lengthy stint on the sideline was what he deserved.

Cheap Charlie

Juniors
I’m just trying to understand the process.

Were Bulldogs officials allowed to sit in on whatever group or committee decided they should be fined half a million bucks or whatever it was?

The penalties handed to the Dogs and Pearce were a damned disgrace. Over the top. Unwarranted by any reasonable consideration of the (claimed) sins.

Clearly the smartarsed sh!ts in the news media, intent on manufacturing news and running the game rather than simply doing their job and reporting it, got control of OUR game.

I reckon Souths have just demonstrated what every club and the damned NRL should do when this kind of media-manipulated garbage comes along.

mave

Coach
Good ol NRL..
Stewart, Pearce, etc get crucified by the media, and then punished by the NRL to appease the masses...

Burgi and Souths get the NRL in their corner.

The NRL is a joke.

I think the Bulldogs were backed into a corner. Despite the intrusive way the DT got the photos they weren't a great look and probably made worse by the fact that Dean Pay and other senior officials were there.

If they fought this it gives the impression to sponsors and fans that they condone the behaviour.

With the money they cam get from their leagues club if needed $250k isnt as much for them as some other clubs.

Bulldogs need a solicitor like Chris Murphy. I never understood when the NRL enforced their fine on the Bulldogs why a Sydney-based solicitor didn't advocate pro bono on their behalf simply for the publicity it would generate for their practice.

Galeforce

Bench
I read on a Rooster forum , that this conspiracy theory is stupid , cause why release to the media before the Saints game ? the media circus could put Souths off their game ( and best keep players suspended by off the cuff NRL action) and they would lose to Saints , so that there was NO chance Roosters would play Souths.

If so , Rooster plan B ............mad Monday!!!!

Last edited:

Cactus

Juniors
At some point the NRL/Clubs need to tell the media to FO and stop sensationalising some of this off field stuff.

It will never stop while Murdoch is alive & kicking or until the NRL get to the point where they have their own broadcast model.

Only then will Rupert be strategically out manoeuvred & put back in his box.

bileduct

Coach
Unfortunately the people who follow rugby league are generally the kind of people that are most susceptible to tabloid journalism.

You'd have thought Roosters fans would have learned from the Jessica Peris incident.

YoHadrian

Juniors
Tommorrow could be Mad Monday for Sowfs now that they're out.

I wonder what wild & wacky shenanigans are on the cards.

:p

RWB

Bench
I didn't see one set of balls on a souths player last night.

Confirms conclusively the accusations were false.

kbw

Bench
Souths clear their own players, what a surprise from a club with no honour or integrity. Just another incident they have been caught out trying to hide from the NRL

Lets hope when the NRL finishes their investigation the appropriate actions are taken

Latest posts