What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souffs Sydney nude video complaint

Cockosh

Juniors
IV
Sending pics in a private chat isn’t really bringing the game into disrepute though
On what is understood thus far they sent nude photos of themselves to an unwilling female recipient. If anything it’s worse in this politically correct, metoo hypersensitive society. The fact She has complained puts it in the harassment category. Ridiculous but that’s how it is. I will be livid if he doesn’t get at least same sanctions as Pearce. Not holding my breathe. SKD was suspended immediately despite being exonerated in court later.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
What was the punishment when Gaz sent a text from Mini’s phone a few years back?
Dropped and $50K fine.

Mini got dropped from origin and a big ol’ fine
I think you got that half wrong.

Roosters CEO Brian Canavan said no action would be taken against Minichiello.
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/blues-sent-home-as-gasnier-is-sacked-20040521-gdiyx9.html

Gasnier fined $50,000 by the Dragons
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2004-05-26/gasnier-hit-with-50000-phone-bill/1982072

Both players were dropped from the NSW side: Mark Gasnier was first and Anthony Minichiello a day or two later. But before that Minichiello tried to convince others that his phone had been lost or stolen. At the time I thought he threw his NSW team mates under the bus.

I'm not aware of any fine being handed out to Minichiello. If there was a fine it would have been a long way short of the $50K handed out to Gasnier.

Add up the figures below. $20K in fines to five other players, Minichiello is not one of them.

Sydney Roosters fullback Anthony Minichiello was tonight sacked from the NSW State of Origin rugby league side and five of his Blues teammates were fined a total of $20,000 for disobeying team orders.
Mason got the biggest fine of $6,000, Waterhouse was fined $5,000 while Gower, Wing and O'Meley each copped $3,000.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/mi...five-other-players-fined-20040522-gdiz46.html

BranVan3000

Coach
Lol the Roosters fans begging for Sam to be banned from the next game. Why not chuck in Cook and GI - most likely connected to this by association

Dont worry we gotta beat Dragons first

jack coburn

Juniors
Why would the nrl stop any of their love children from playing. The scabs are untouchable. Remember we are talking about the pride of the league. No souffs and league would die . Every ones 2 nd favourite team blah blah blah

Danish

Referee
Lol the Roosters fans begging for Sam to be banned from the next game. Why not chuck in Cook and GI - most likely connected to this by association

Are you kidding?

Sammy B was melbourne’s best player in week 1. Any team facing Souths would be hoping he gets as many minutes as possible

Cockosh

Juniors

And there it is. Typical souffs fan. Gives up trying to explain how Burgess punishment should be different to pearces or others so deflects to make it about chooks fans.
Unlike Souffs fans rejoicing over latrells suspension I’d prefer the whole souffs team play so you have no excuses when you lose.

Cheap Charlie

Juniors
What was the punishment when Gaz sent a text from Mini’s phone a few years back?
That punishment was an over the top act for the aggrandizement of the coach.

The recent punishment of the Bulldogs was an over the top act for the aggrandizement of a CEO bent on proving he’s tough and impartial.

Mitchell Pearce? Seriously over the top punishment purely driven, like the above, and like this week’s nonsense, by a rabid parasite news media that’s determined to bring down the game that feeds it.

Pommy

Coach
I can’t believe people seriously want to undermine the finals over this shit.
You can check my previous posts if you think I’m just saying this because it’s souths I said bulldogs was way over the top and I said Pearce shouldn’t have been banned either.
The media are ruining the game and fans are patting them on the back for doing so.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Why would the nrl stop any of their love children from playing. The scabs are untouchable. Remember we are talking about the pride of the league. No souffs and league would die . Every ones 2 nd favourite team blah blah blah

See this guy gets it. There really is a lot of love for the undisputed Pride of the League, the South Sydney Rabbitohs. I'm so glad you understand the natural order of things. They have more Englishmen so of course they're better.

Valheru

Coach
You can check my previous posts if you think I’m just saying this because it’s souths I said bulldogs was way over the top and I said Pearce shouldn’t have been banned either.
The media are ruining the game and fans are patting them on the back for doing so.

But they did suspend him so they must suspend sam.

Game_Breaker

Coach

Which makes their OTT punishment for Bulldogs even more stupid
The NRL is now forced to do the same thing to Souths, they set the ridiculous precedent

Bulldogs were caught by a peeping tom working for News Ltd, no member of the public complained
Souths were caught by a chick who complained to the club several times

This is what happens when you give in to trial by media