What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souffs

brooksy19

Bench
Can't seen anything other than a Merrit double, Inglis double and Dave Taylor barging over from a scrum after Moltzen has fumbled the ball bring it out after a kick.

30 - 10.

brooksy19

Bench
I'll need a dozen or so at the Capt Cook before the game... I'm only going as its a tradition with me and a souffs mate.

The trek home will be great.. can't f'n wait

gronkathon

First Grade
I will be at the Bavarian Bier Cafe hitting the Steins before the game so I cant make out what is happening on the field

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I dont even want to go. This is going to be a disaster unless we drastically improve.

I wonder what two backs Sheens will pick on the bench this week? Souffs may even have a bigger pack than Canberra, so maybe Sheens will combat that with three backs on the bench and one forward who will play less than 20 minutes, genius.

gronkathon

First Grade
I should go dressed as a cup of methadone.

I need two other people to dress as giant hamburgers and we effectively distract Taylor, GI and the Souffs crowd and give us a chance

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lets look into Sheens mind
1 - Meaney
2 - Humble
3 - Ayshford
4 - Reddy
5 - Tuqiri
6 - Fulton
7 - Marshall
8 - Galloway
9 - Moltzen
10 - Woods
11 - Bleh
12 - Ellis
13 - Heighington

14 - Groat
15 - Miller
16 - Chisholm
17 - Simona

yeehar!

Time to organise a drinking game.

A shot of rum for every missed tackle
Scull a schooner for every line break the opposition gets
Have a stomach pump for every 5 tries we let in through shit defence.

N.C.

Juniors
Souths are also 1 and 3 - you can't say they are really setting the world on fire themselves. They seem to be falling apart in the second half of games about as convincingly as we are.

It will be an interesting game. I think we will lose. Badly.

Lets look into Sheens mind
1 - Meaney
2 - Humble
3 - Ayshford
4 - Reddy
5 - Tuqiri
6 - Fulton
7 - Marshall
8 - Galloway
9 - Moltzen
10 - Woods
11 - Bleh
12 - Ellis
13 - Heighington

14 - Groat
15 - Miller
16 - Chisholm
17 - Simona

yeehar!

Time to organise a drinking game.

A shot of rum for every missed tackle
Scull a schooner for every line break the opposition gets
Have a stomach pump for every 5 tries we let in through shit defence.

That will effectively kill 75% of our supporter base via alcohol poisoning.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seriously, how do we put a strong mob on the paddock to at least keep the margin of the loss respectable?

1 - Ryan
2 - Lawrence
3 - Moltzen
4 - Reddy
5 - Tuqiri
6 - Marshall
7 - Miller
8 - Woods
9 - Politoni
10 - Galloway
11 - Ellis
12 - Heighington
13 - Ayshford

14 - Fulton
15 - Murdoch-Masila
16 - Bell
17 - Chisholm

tbh I know this isn't pretty, but seriously, how much better can we make that.

Get Ryan at Fullback, he's in good form and he runs it back well and he isn't afraid to attack the ball when contesting kicks.

Try and speed up the backline, Give Lawrence more focus on attack out wide and less big blokes running at him, until his body gets back closer to 100% anyways and he gets some form behind him. Moltzen in closer running off Benji more.

Reddy in Centres, he's not fast enough for the wing, not big enough for the forwards and not skilled enough as a utility back.

Actually select a hooker to play at hooker.

Persist with Miller, but only with a proper bench consisting of two decent prop forwards.

Blair and Groat can go and learn some basics and get some confidence in NSW Cup.

If Ayshford doesn't improve, he can join the reggies next week as well.

Make Ellis captain, not Benji. Ellis leads by example. Benji performs better without too much to pressure on him.

Bring Galloway off after 15, Woods after 20, Bring them both back with 5 mins to go in first half. Take them off 10 mins into second half, bring em back for last 10 mins.

Bell and Moors to play prop only. Give all 4 props 40 mins each, spread the workload out, try and keep them fresh. No point busting 2 props for an hour and having two bench props play 20 mins and still feeling fresh.

Bring Chisholm on to give Farah a rest or he can play in halves, wings or fullback as well.

Even if Farah gets a 10 minute break, take him off 5 before halftime, bring him back 5 mins after halftime, that'd be close to a 20 min rest for him, would be more than enough to keep him fresh.

Ayshford can be benched for Fulton at halftime or some such thing.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
Your right in that how much better can we get it.

Personally I'd put Moltzen at 6 and Benji at 7 and Lawrence to 1 but your team isn't bad. We need some speed out wide. We need a pack of forwards that can do the job.

At the moment we look like we won't get either.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Benji at 7 has been tried and he was shit. It stifled him too much and we struggled to score a try a game most of the time.

We need a Robson type halfback, can pass both sides, has a good enough kicking game, but is a great organiser.

Farah is the only person at the club since Prince that could make a genuinely decent halfback, but we can't afford to shift him out of his preferred position, unless Politoni shows he has some unbelievable talent quickly.