What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South Africa appoints a new Springbok coach

Squeezer

Juniors
Well we knew it was coming, it was only a matter of when. While this probably means that the Boks will be competitive again, I for one will miss the walking headline. No longer will we be subjected to brilliant one liners such as "We lost the game on the scoreboard only".

I would insert the link to the article, but alas, my post count is not high enough.

shiznit

Coach
the problem with south african rugby are political more than anything else...

lets hope the bureaucrats leave Meyer to get on with the job

Squeezer

Juniors
It's South Africa, I think they are incapable of leaving the coach well enough alone to rebuild the Boks.

Having said that, I think that Meyer will do a good job with the team. It will be interesting to see what style of play the Boks adopt under him. Being the old Bulls coach, he could adopt a more dour gameplan. I hope not, as the Saffas have some good young talent in their outside backs.

shiznit

Coach
that style is traditional for them... and there's nothing wrong with it...

RU is a wonderful game because not everyone plays it the same.

you can be a successful rugby team by playing different forms of football...

Latest posts