What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South Australian NRL Coverage by Channel 9

BuffaloRules

Coach
Also this topic is this weeks "letter of the week" in RLW.

Plenty of media comment, but silence from the NRL.

If there is a contract then bloody enforce it!

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Again this morning on the Footy Show they mentioned next Friday's ANZAC day game will be shown live on GEM in Victoria, SA, WA and Tasmania.

Pathetic from Ch 9.

FlameThrower

Bench
Channel 9: the gift that keeps giving. Only three more years after this year, THREE MORE YEARS! Absolutely disgraceful that they've been allowed to do this to the poor folk in Adelaide. Could you imagine if Ch7 did the same thing to the AFL in Sydney and Brisbane? Demetriou would be the first person on the phone to them blasting management in those cities. I can't believe Ch9 have been allowed to get away with this.

Will be interesting to see what happens in 2017 given they will not have the first-and-last rights clause in their corner to save them.

Ch9, has no interest to see the game grow outside of NSW QlD, they have digital Chanel's showing 1970's sitcoms yet a sport that rates consistently and would add further value to advertising revenue is ignored totally in the other states.

Trust me here Sydney the constant 2nd Friday night game with Broncos is dead set bore to watch...

El Diablo

Post Whore
i just hope that now 9 have lost first and last rights that they never get Rugby League again

gypsy

Bench
S.A. viewers can look forward to Domestic Blitz followed by Ellen instead of the Dragons v Roosters this Friday.
Is this for real? I called Channel 9 and they asked I write to them.
Pathetic.

Diesel

Referee
I remember years ago there was an issue with NRL being shown on 9 in Perth as someone owned 9 & didn't like RL, Melbourne obviously had the pro-AFL audience and said RL didn't rate, what's SA's excuse?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Speaking of coverage down there, I will be in Adelaide for the weekend and want to watch some Saturday games down there.

Im hoping at least one pub will be showing the Cowboys/Eels game there and also the other Fox matches.

Zigwaa

Bench
Speaking of coverage down there, I will be in Adelaide for the weekend and want to watch some Saturday games down there.

Im hoping at least one pub will be showing the Cowboys/Eels game there and also the other Fox matches.

Most larger sports bars are willing to put it on for you on a screen no one is watching without the sound. Sucks I know but it's the best you'll get.

reanimate

Bench
Most larger sports bars are willing to put it on for you on a screen no one is watching without the sound. Sucks I know but it's the best you'll get.

Jeez, sounds way worse than Melbourne. In Melbourne, most of the places I've been to will show the NRL on at least one screen.

Zigwaa

Bench
Jeez, sounds way worse than Melbourne. In Melbourne, most of the places I've been to will show the NRL on at least one screen.

Yep you're right. Melbourne at least has a team to stem some interest. Here there is nothing to create interest in the game, and it's getting worse.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Yep you're right. Melbourne at least has a team to stem some interest. Here there is nothing to create interest in the game, and it's getting worse.

I have noticed in the last few years Melbourne has improved its interest in showing NRL matches in pubs.

I went to a few pubs in Melbourne last year and managed to catch all the games on the Super Saturday. Didnt matter if it was a smaller TV with no sound (compared to the big giant one showing AFL), just happy to watch NRL.

wain

Juniors
Adelaide is by far the most insular city in Australia in terms of sport. Heaps of people really don't know the difference between Union and league. I have mates come around to watch GFs or origin and some of them have no clue what it is, or surprised to see so many people watching an origin match...it's really something you have to see to believe.

There is no way that any other market in Australia Has such a blinkered view on sport. AFL has a much easier ride in Eastern states than league in Adelaide. To say otherwise means you haven't travelled or you have your hand on it.

I still remember calling channel 9 a couple of years ago asking why they didn't show the NRL and the lady literally just laughed at me.

Haynzy

First Grade
I was at a pub in Streaky Bay on Monday and they were happy to put the Eels v Tiges game on one of the TVs.
I've tried it before in plenty of Adelaide pubs and they flat out refuse.

I know the Holdfast at Glenelg and the Tonsley on South Rd at Tonsley used to put it on but I haven't tried a pub in Adelaide for a while.

I'm going to media ban myself tonight and watch Parra v Cowboys on my iPad tomorrow.

Zigwaa

Bench
Up to 530 signatures now.

I'm Going to start posting it around to NRL, Channel 9 and other media outlets to expose their lack of support for the game in SA. It will have another good angle to work with the ANZAC test scheduled for 12:10am Friday Night.

Zigwaa

Bench
I was at a pub in Streaky Bay on Monday and they were happy to put the Eels v Tiges game on one of the TVs.
I've tried it before in plenty of Adelaide pubs and they flat out refuse.

I know the Holdfast at Glenelg and the Tonsley on South Rd at Tonsley used to put it on but I haven't tried a pub in Adelaide for a while.

I'm going to media ban myself tonight and watch Parra v Cowboys on my iPad tomorrow.

Yep some places are jerks about it. Marion Hotel has always been great in letting us watch the games, as they used to sponsor our league team.

Latest posts