What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South Australian NRL Coverage by Channel 9

Diesel

Referee
Then Gyng needs to sort this out this week or we'll send Packer over for round 2

Mr Twig

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/channel-9s-hamish-turner-reveals-how-a-movie-is-picked-to-play-on-tv-and-how-much-it-costs-to-do-so/story-e6frfmyi-1226911255767

Found this an interesting read considering they put on movies like "Up Periscope" and "Singing in the Rain" instead of the NRL in Adelaide.

I'd hardly class them as what they refer to as "Evergreens" that will attract more viewers than League.

Do you read the television ratings for NRL in Adelaide? It rates better now at 1am than it did live. Channel Nine should be applauded for continuing decent NRL coverage in Adelaide for as long as they did. It's the NRL that should be blamed for a crap broadcast deal that obviously didn't force Nine to show NRL games at decent hours.

Do you not find it odd that only Adelaide gets shafted? Normal NRL coverage continues in Perth, regional WA, regional SA, NT, Melbourne, regional Victoria, Hobart and regional Tasmania.

Last edited:

Zigwaa

Bench
D.o you read the television ratings for NRL in Adelaide? It rates better now at 1am than it did live. Channel Nine should be applauded for continuing decent NRL coverage in Adelaide for as long as they did. It's the NRL that should be blamed for a crap broadcast deal that obviously didn't force Nine to show NRL games at decent hours.

Do you not find it odd that only Adelaide gets shafted? Normal NRL coverage continues in Perth, regional WA, regional SA, NT, Melbourne, regional Victoria, Hobart and regional Tasmania.

Where do you get this info? Not sure how this can be the case.

Is extremely odd that it's only Adelaide. I've got no idea why, but could speculate about afl agenda's and personal preferences of programmers.

Mr Twig

Where do you get this info? Not sure how this can be the case.

Is extremely odd that it's only Adelaide. I've got no idea why, but could speculate about afl agenda's and personal preferences of programmers.

Mediaweek twitter usually tweets all the weekend sport ratings. Search all tweets #NRL GEM Ade

Zigwaa

Bench
I've checked the media week ratings. Adelaide were getting more views before they moved it to the late timeslot.

Zigwaa

Bench
700 signatures http://www.change.org/en-AU/petition...gital-channels

The word from the NRL is that the old movies are out rating NRL in Adelaide. Doesn't look like will be getting back at primetime soon.

Interesting that Origin on primetime in Adelaide on the main channel got over 80,000 viewers. I know this is without competition from AFL boradcasts but it demonstrates there is a potential market and that with some persistence and promotion NRL can get a good following.

Adelaide NRL supporters have been hung out to dry by Channel 9 and the NRL. No wonder there's no competition expansion on the horizon, they only care about the Eastern states.

Haynzy

First Grade
Bastards.
I was just over the Vic border last weekend, in Mildura.

I actually got to watch both Friday games before the Mrs got home from the ball!!!

Zigwaa

Bench
Bastards.
I was just over the Vic border last weekend, in Mildura.

I actually got to watch both Friday games before the Mrs got home from the ball!!!

What a joke.

You can even watch it live in Wallaroo but not the state capital.

Zigwaa

Bench
722 Signatures and still no action. Channel 9 and NRL are a joke.

I can even watch live NFL on free to air TV.

Latest posts