What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South Island Kea

Canard

Immortal
The Storm played an entire season under a roof, and multiple games before and since. Origin has also been played under a roof

Union in NZ has for years also.

I think people are overstating how big a deal it is for Christchurch and by extension the NRL.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The Storm played an entire season under a roof, and multiple games before and since. Origin has also been played under a roof

Union in NZ has for years also.

I think people are overstating how big a deal it is for Christchurch and by extension the NRL.
It would be a huge deal for a new nrl club based there you’d think. Given their weather it could make a big difference to fan turn out and subsequently revenue. Won’t make a jot of difference to player recruitment, players don’t pick a club due to stadium quality lol

canberras probably the only place in aus that would benefit big time from an indoor stadium.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Why would Christchurch need air conditioning?,
We’re not talking about Christchurch. Though it can actually get quite hot there in summer when the norwester is blowing. I assume the stadium will have appropriate ventilation to deal with that.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal

Cool. You planning on paying for it?

Matiunz

Juniors
TBF, aircon in NZ is mostly heat pumps. Chch could definitely do with some heat pumps. It's not going to be warm in that place even with the lid on.
The couple of times of been to Foresyth Barr it’s been absolutely arctic like sitting in a fridge, you longed for something to happen so those flamethrower things would go off for momentary warmth.

Wb1234

Referee
They’re a thick stocky parrot with the attitude to match. They trash peoples cars and steal whatever they can grab from campsites. They even attack sheep. They’re arseholes but they’re awesome
So a magpie is an Aussie pest and a kea is a kiwi pest

Canard

Immortal
The couple of times of been to Foresyth Barr it’s been absolutely arctic like sitting in a fridge, you longed for something to happen so those flamethrower things would go off for momentary warmth.
Marvel is a bad in winter to.

And if you sit near the gates, the winter wind seems to funnell in towards you

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
What’s it like for day games when the sun’s out?

Matiunz

Juniors
What’s it like for day games when the sun’s out?
Each time I’ve been there it’s been a night game in the dead of winter so yeah that wouldn’t have helped to be fair. Despite being an indoor stadium there is a decent opening behind the goalposts that a cold breeze came in, and stadiums being largely concrete it held the cold.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Each time I’ve been there it’s been a night game in the dead of winter so yeah that wouldn’t have helped to be fair. Despite being an indoor stadium there is a decent opening behind the goalposts that a cold breeze came in, and stadiums being largely concrete it held the cold.
I’d imagine the opening is necessary for ventilation in warmer months, but you’d have thought they might have made it so it could be closed in cold weather.
I've only seen it on TV but it’s never looked a particularly visually appealing place on TV, too much like an aircraft hangar. I’m sure it beats Carisbrook in the rain though!

Latest posts