What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South Sydney are a good chance to win the Premiership this year

Edward

Juniors
No matter what transpires this Saturday night, I believe South Sydney are a good chance to win the Premiership this year.

The reasons being

1. They have a very good young Coach who got the best out of them last season.
2. Greg Inglis is an amazing player who is playing his best football.
3. Crowe and Holmes a Court have got the club into a good position both on and off the field.
4. Their young half Reynolds is a very good footballer.
5. Their other half John Sutton is also playing good footy.
6. They have the most Members which helps as they can cheer them on at games.
7. Their forward pack is very big and one of the most intimidating of the NRL.
8. The Burgess brothers, need I saw more.

So what do people think? Can the Pride of the League get up this season?

HowHigh

Coach
I don't think they are ready mentally. Playing for a club that has been so bad for so long would really take its toll on you.

Owen Da Saints

Juniors
They're a possibility !
What i want to know is, where are they going to keep the trophy if they don't have a leagues club ?

Amadaca

Juniors
They will go extremely close. All its going to take is for the Storm to have an off-night at the wrong time (you all forgetting 2011?), & the crown will be headed North (Manly) or South (Botany).

gronkathon

First Grade
Sure they can. Tecnically I can go out on a date with a Supermodel. Sure neither of them are based in reality but they could happen

Danny-Boy

Juniors
Nah, can do any team except M&M. Coming 3rd or 4th every year is a pretty good effort though. Might have better luck in some alternate universe.

BranVan3000

Coach
They're a possibility !
What i want to know is, where are they going to keep the trophy if they don't have a leagues club ?

In our trophy cabinet

wooden_spoon_homepicture.jpg

rabbitohs95

Bench
I don't think they are ready mentally. Playing for a club that has been so bad for so long would really take its toll on you.

I somewhat agree, they need the confidence to know they can take on any team but they also need the mentality to play 80 minutes every week in order to win.

Then and only then will i think they have a very strong chance of winning.

kbw

Bench
They have a chance because of 2 things Ingli$ and the coach. Mainly Maguire, without him they would still be rubbish with Ingli$

There are some problems with your arguement though.
There is nothing that can convince me Sutton is playing good football, fair, I will give you but he is a hack and its taken a genius to get him just to NRL std.
Most members, yes, but they do count pets and those passed.

They have a chance because of 2 things Ingli$ and the coach. Mainly Maguire, without him they would still be rubbish with Ingli$

There are some problems with your arguement though.
There is nothing that can convince me Sutton is playing good football, fair, I will give you but he is a hack and its taken a genius to get him just to NRL std.
Most members, yes, but they do count pets and those passed.

Actually, they don't count the pets in the membership number. Neither do Easts or Broncos who also offer 'pet memberships'.

And no matter how shite my team is, at least they're still in the NRL.

kbw

Bench
Actually, they don't count the pets in the membership number. Neither do Easts or Broncos who also offer 'pet memberships'.

And no matter how shite my team is, at least they're still in the NRL.

While the other clubs do have pet memberships, which is amusing, $ouff$ are the only club with a history of counting them as part of their official membership numbers.