What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South Sydney are a good chance to win the Premiership this year

firechild

First Grade
No no no no no. All the teams we've beaten are shit. All the teams we haven't played are awesome. And if we do beat them they're shit too.

Not all but certainly most.

344xs28.jpg

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Reasons they won't:
* they haven't got the defence
* they have been poor against the top teams
* they rarely play 80 minutes
* last year's overachieving season result will have them believing that they are better than they actually are so they'll expect results to happen instead of earning them.
* sutton's locked in for years on a comfy contract. Snooze time.
* souths

Very solid case you put there Morkel.

Agreed.

Big Sam

First Grade
Still have a few questions:

1. Defence- you can no longer be like the Tigers in 2005, "we will score more than you" mentality. Last week was a perfect example, they fell asleep for 30 minutes. Even against the Dogs they were asleep for the last 10...and Barba scored last.

2. Halves- do they have enough creativity when the season is on the line?

3. Depth in key areas. Can they cover a key injury or two? Not so sure.

4. MELBOURNE...dead set with their squad they win this in a canter. Need to hope Melbourne loses early.

1. What - do you want us to keep teams scoreless every game? The only bad defensive game we've had was Penrith due to the heat.

2. Yes.

3. Yes, in every position bar centre.

4. I agree. We will not be winning a premiership this year if we have to play them during the finals in Melbourne. We can definitely beat them up here though.

Tone83

Juniors
I don't think they'll win, they're just the team that should win. Every year there's some standout team that should win and some party pooper that actually wins. Recent party poopers have been storm, manly and dragons. Recent shoulda wons have been dogs, eels, bunnies, maybe even broncs a while back.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Storm are the favorites this year, rightfully so. Now, anything can happen, look at how they were eliminated in 2011, but unless you're a Storm fan, you can pretty much expect to face Melbourne in the GF, if your team makes the finals, and if you don't face Melbourne in the lead up, and it doesn't look like it'll be a good day for you!

Hutty1986

Immortal
I want souffs to win the comp because they haven't won anything since Jesus played fullback for Jerusalem.

But a Nemesis blow-up is great entertainment value. It's a real dilemma.

firechild

First Grade
I really don't mind Souffs as a club but I thoroughly enjoy the entertainment provided by their borderline geniused fans (thinking Nemiwinks, DunniesGimp, Little Country, BranVan, etc) that will be replaced by smug arrogance if they actually win something.

Fire

First Grade
I really don't mind Souffs as a club but I thoroughly enjoy the entertainment provided by their borderline geniused fans (thinking Nemiwinks, DunniesGimp, Little Country, BranVan, etc) that will be replaced by smug arrogance if they actually win something.

Bran, Aaron and Hatter are alright.

However, you left a lot of people off your list.

There really is nothing to say about souffs fans on LU

except

well

lol@souffs!

Shipsyeagles

Juniors
When they beat some decent teams - next 2 rounds will test them .. they will be justified at PREMIERSHIP contenders .. $5 on TAB is really short

Beaten 3 bottom teams.. and Cronulla (just) who have issues of their own

Admit played well against Roosters round 1..

firechild

First Grade
Bran, Aaron and Hatter are alright.

However, you left a lot of people off your list.

There really is nothing to say about souffs fans on LU

except

well

lol@souffs!

I disagree. BranVan was alright but he appears to be descending into madness. Perhaps it's the influence of all the other nutcases?

Mr Spock!

Referee
its a pretty f**king good squad. assuming no injuries, i do think they have the firepower to go all the way.

shieet.

Injuries are the key.

Take Slater/Smith out of Melbourne,
Lyon/Stewart out of Manly
Inglis/Reynolds out of Souths
Pearce out of the Roosters.

There's your Top 4 btw with maybe the Bulldogs/Cowboys to challenge Roosters.

Other teams are making up the numbers.

Melbourne must be nearly evens to win this comp.

Mr Spock!

Referee
I think Souths are a better team this year and they were leading Canterbury and playing better than them in that GF qualifier last year until Reynolds went off.

Maguire's not accepting complacency so players aren't being allowed to rest on their laurels of what they did last year. Heaps of depth (except centres - our big weakness) means heaps of competition. Josh Hunt, Jason Clark, Keary, even Croker can't make the team, and there's a couple more Burgess brothers.

But they're not as good as the Storm. YET. The Storm would've put the Bunnies away last weekend instead of giving Souths 12 points start.