What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South Sydney are a good chance to win the Premiership this year

POPEYE

Coach
Seems some of the rleague forummers are starting to filter through, they actually want to talk League, can't say as I blame them seeing what betting has done to their beloved home

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
The Rabbits have the talent on their day - no doubt.

Not sure they're quite ready just yet, but they are just at the start of their window.

Plenty of time for them.

I'd still be happy with any combo of GF out of this:

Souths, Melbourne, Manly, Roosters. Bulldogs, if they start to piece together some wins will be in the mix with Gold Coast.

Would love a Souths vs Roosters.

Will probably get a Melbourne vs Manly...which will not bother me.

Morkel

Juniors
Reasons they won't:
* they haven't got the defence
* they have been poor against the top teams
* they rarely play 80 minutes
* last year's overachieving season result will have them believing that they are better than they actually are so they'll expect results to happen instead of earning them.
* sutton's locked in for years on a comfy contract. Snooze time.
* souths

DIMEAST

Juniors
In our trophy cabinet

wooden_spoon_homepicture.jpg

:lol: haha nice

BunniesMan

Immortal
No no no no no. All the teams we've beaten are shit. All the teams we haven't played are awesome. And if we do beat them they're shit too.

bellyache

Bench
No matter what transpires this Saturday night, I believe South Sydney are a good chance to win the Premiership this year.

The reasons being

1. They have a very good young Coach who got the best out of them last season.
2. Greg Inglis is an amazing player who is playing his best football.
3. Crowe and Holmes a Court have got the club into a good position both on and off the field.
4. Their young half Reynolds is a very good footballer.
5. Their other half John Sutton is also playing good footy.
6. They have the most Members which helps as they can cheer them on at games.
7. Their forward pack is very big and one of the most intimidating of the NRL.
8. The Burgess brothers, need I saw more.

So what do people think? Can the Pride of the League get up this season?
:lol::lol: "pride of the league".... 42 years of nothing and being kicked out of the league in the late 90's, is nothing to be proud of! $ouffs definatley have a chance along with many other teams..:D

Ladmate

Bench
Yeah. But they have a defensive lapse every game for around 10 minutes that needs to be fixed.

Aragorn

First Grade
its a pretty f**king good squad. assuming no injuries, i do think they have the firepower to go all the way.

shieet.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Still have a few questions:

1. Defence- you can no longer be like the Tigers in 2005, "we will score more than you" mentality. Last week was a perfect example, they fell asleep for 30 minutes. Even against the Dogs they were asleep for the last 10...and Barba scored last.

2. Halves- do they have enough creativity when the season is on the line?

3. Depth in key areas. Can they cover a key injury or two? Not so sure.

4. MELBOURNE...dead set with their squad they win this in a canter. Need to hope Melbourne loses early.

MrAnonymous

Bench
souths will be out in week 1 of the finals.
one of the most overated sides of the last 20 yrs. only beat nuftie sides so far they will get a reality check on the weekend.

storm 32.5+ to win on sat night.