What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South Sydney - Most supported team in Sydney

Junior Bunny

Juniors
Just had a look at crowd statistics for this year and it turns out South Sydney are the most supported team in Sydney even though their playing out of Homebush.

Souths - 16,147
Wests - 15,797
Bulldogs - 15,603
Parramatta - 14,417
Manly - 13,696
Roosters - 13,658
Cronulla - 13,455
St George - 12,029
Penrith - 12,006

Funny statistic, just proves to me that the first two Sydney teams to be culled should be Cronulla and the Roosters

LRC

Funny statistic, just proves to me that the first two Sydney teams to be culled should be Cronulla and the Roosters[/quote]

Funny...take the game against the roosters out of souths totals and their average would fall quite a bit.

Bottom line is souths need teams like the roosters with that historic rivallry tohelp boost their crowds...just like all teams need certain others.Even that Bulldogs average is bbosted by playing the roosters in that grudge match.

If both those games were at the SFS then the roosters home crowd avarage would be hitting the 20k mark and the shoe would be on the other foot.

If the Tigers home average stabilises over the last 3 games and Souths continue to lose matches, I believe we'll overtake you guys and come out on top for the 4th year running!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
South Sydney's average without the R1 v Roosters clash drops to just a smidge over 14k.

I'd say in terms of crowd numbers, it's the Tigers.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
where did those stats come from, the Bunnies official site ?

yobbo84

Coach
LOL, let's just randomly take out a match and re-calculate averages. What has that got to do with anything? There were 20 bloody thousand Souths supporters at that match anyway!

FACT: As of the end of Round 20, Souths have the highest home crowd average of all the Sydney teams. There's no arguing it.

barney gumble

Juniors
Right. This is the club that admitted they counted media, catering staff, security ect. in the crowd figures.

Digeze

Juniors
Tigers will finish on top of the Sydney crowds by the end of the season. They've led the Sydney crowds for the last 3 years.

Souths average will continue to plummet as it has been doing since their round 1 Roosters clash (the exception being their home game against the Tigers a few weeks ago)

Can't see the Dogs averages improving given the current issues with the team.

All that said, if the Tigers get spanked by a depleted Bulldogs team on Saturday i wouldn't be surprised to see Tigers fans go missing everywhere as they lemming off cliff faces.

krudmonk

Juniors
Why does it matter if the stat is boosted by a rivalry game? Isn't that the case for everyone everywhere?

Canard

Immortal
Hahahahahhahaha

175 million marched in the streets and 3000+ turn up to their games

bfoord

Juniors
Souths figures are that high because at the start of the season the had some promise after making the finals for the first time in 18 years, last year. but since they are doing sh*te again their crowd numbers are pathetic. it has even come out that in their crwod figures the count players, officials and stadium staff. :lol::lol:

Spank

Juniors
Didnt Souths get caught out counting players and coaches in their game day attendence figures ?? Or am i remembering the wrong team ??

Not sure you can put any real credit in those figures if thats true hahaha

timma

Juniors
Dragons have the most members of the sydney clubs , as stated in paper yesterday and by the nrl

Funny statistic, just proves to me that the first two Sydney teams to be culled should be Cronulla and the Roosters

nope. those 2 clubs have penrith and illasox behind em.

bootage for the "heartland" and the stains!

Dogaholic

First Grade
Tigers will finish on top of the Sydney crowds by the end of the season. They've led the Sydney crowds for the last 3 years.

Souths average will continue to plummet as it has been doing since their round 1 Roosters clash (the exception being their home game against the Tigers a few weeks ago)

Can't see the Dogs averages improving given the current issues with the team.

All that said, if the Tigers get spanked by a depleted Bulldogs team on Saturday i wouldn't be surprised to see Tigers fans go missing everywhere as they lemming off cliff faces.

You sure about that? Last few years Dogs have been top of the Sydney Crowds.

Spank

Juniors
I thoguht Tigers have been on top of Sydney crowds for 3 or 4 years or something ?? Anybody got a link to the official figures ?

Canard

Immortal
Cmon Ziggy be honest to even yourself, you know that this proves nothing.

Actually what it does prove is that Souths have the biggest bandwagon in the NRL, Id like to see the crowd stats since say Round 10.