What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South Sydney - Most supported team in Sydney

:lol::lol: Scummulla-Always in the Dragons shadow

Keep telling yourself your team will survive

wer'e being pro active in our quest for long term survival.

cant rely on others misery to fund your footy team forever.

whats doost doing? anything?

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
PMSL @ the rorter whores - jealous little bitches some of them are. :lol:

The rabbits are easily the best supported team in the comp. We have been working on our support base in every area and have the biggest following in the gay community of any of the teams except for Wests Magpies.

Go the pink rabbits!!!

Pigskin

Juniors
what a pack of wombats in this thread patting their teams on the back for their average crowd figure being one of the highest in Sydney

all those figures are disgraceful when you consider a lot of the time its 2 Sydney clubs playing each other

I think all the figures in that list suck ... should be ashamed of them

Far too many teams in Sydney

Oink !

adamkungl

Immortal
Just had a look at crowd statistics for this year and it turns out South Sydney are the most supported team in Sydney even though their playing out of Homebush.

Souths - 16,147
Wests - 15,797
Bulldogs - 15,603
Parramatta - 14,417
Manly - 13,696
Roosters - 13,658
Cronulla - 13,455
St George - 12,029
Penrith - 12,006

Funny statistic, just proves to me that the first two Sydney teams to be culled should be Cronulla and the Roosters

Wouldn't it be Saints and Penrith? f**king mong.

OVP

Coach
The rabbits are easily the best supported team in the comp. We have been working on our support base in every area and have the biggest following in the gay community of any of the teams except for Wests Magpies.

Go the pink rabbits!!!

We ? You were a Dragons fan yesterday, Dolly :lol:

buster bunny

Juniors
If other teams didnt count games involving rivals their averages would be lower as well. People are also forgetting that souths have got these crowd results with minimal results on the field. Some of souths performances this year have been abysmal from a fans point of view so to get these kind of results is impressive.

In regard to that ridiculous news ltd crowd count that involved four hacks looking at 4 out of 5 gates of an 80 thousand seat stadium before deciding to work in pairs, that same weekend the bulldogs had a crowd just smaller in figures but looked about half as full as the rabbitohs one.

Roosters fans should also remember that they played the titans (same team souths played on a monday) on a friday night with both teams in the top eight and got a much worse crowd.

Im not condoning any gloating from souths fans but the results should not be dismissed,

LRC

The issue is not who get the big crowds against who etc.Traditional rivallry is great and it takes 2 teams to pull a crowd.
Its the fact he wants to put crap on a team (chooks) who were the main reason they have such a high crowd average. The rivalry is great and it takes 2 teams to get a good crowd.
Whether its the broncos who traditionally draw well insydney because they are a team people want to see their team try to match...or whether its the roosters or dogs etc etc who have great rivallries with other clubs.

Brycey

Juniors
Games in total 2008:

Tigpies 17,387
Bulldogs 17,119
Parramatta 16,914
Souths 16,807
Roosters 16,777
Manly 15,502
Dragons 14,173
Sharks 14,100
Panthers 13,466

A more clearer picture into a teams 'drawing' power.

Inferno

Coach
Just had a look at crowd statistics for this year and it turns out South Sydney are the most supported team in Sydney even though their playing out of Homebush.

Souths - 16,147
Wests - 15,797
Bulldogs - 15,603
Parramatta - 14,417
Manly - 13,696
Roosters - 13,658
Cronulla - 13,455
St George - 12,029
Penrith - 12,006

Funny statistic, just proves to me that the first two Sydney teams to be culled should be Cronulla and the Roosters

:lol:

nah, I think it would be a lot funnier if we just kicked out your useless mob again.

OVP

Coach
:lol:

nah, I think it would be a lot funnier if we just kicked out your useless mob again.

Champagne Comedy :lol::lol:

f_Champagne20m_a39e97e.jpg

fanatique

Juniors
In any given season and with form not a factor there is dam all difference between Bulldogs, Eels, Tigers and Souths. Weather, game time adn date and changes if ladder position are reasons for the tiny differences.

I suspect that all things being equal - which they never are - the bulldogs would be marginally the best drawing side but it is arguable and marginal.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Bottom line is that all of these clubs need to get better crowds, using a combination of better promotions, season passes and better scheduling.

The aim should be to have averages around the 20k mark, which may look like a huge ask, but I don't believe that the clubs have even scratched the surface in terms of improving their home gates.