What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South Sydney - Most supported team in Sydney

NGR

Juniors
Cmon Ziggy be honest to even yourself, you know that this proves nothing.

Actually what it does prove is that Souths have the biggest bandwagon in the NRL, Id like to see the crowd stats since say Round 10.
why does everyone make excuses about souths been top of crowds? cant handle the truth :lol:

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Cmon Ziggy be honest to even yourself, you know that this proves nothing.

Actually what it does prove is that Souths have the biggest bandwagon in the NRL, Id like to see the crowd stats since say Round 10.

What team doesn't get bigger crowds once they start winning?

Our team is still shiate, strung a few wins in a row after a diabolical start, yet averages higher than any other Sydney team at this point in the season.

Why is that a bad thing for our club? I am all ears.

For those trying to discount it because of a large crowd we had early in the season, I can do the same to your clubs numbers. Doing so would only make me look like a simpleton too.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Another thing, we had our best season ticket sales this year (6,500+).

That certainly helped the cause.

Digeze

Juniors
You sure about that? Last few years Dogs have been top of the Sydney Crowds.

Nope, Tigers.

2007 Crowd Average

Tigers: 16961
Dogs: 16488

2006 Crowd Average

Tigers: 18883
Dogs: 18041

2005 Crowd Average

Tigers: 18789
Dogs: 18286

Close every year but always the Tigers with the nose in front.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Just had a look at crowd statistics for this year and it turns out South Sydney are the most supported team in Sydney even though their playing out of Homebush.

Souths - 16,147
Wests - 15,797
Bulldogs - 15,603
Parramatta - 14,417
Manly - 13,696
Roosters - 13,658
Cronulla - 13,455
St George - 12,029
Penrith - 12,006

Funny statistic, just proves to me that the first two Sydney teams to be culled should be Cronulla and the Roosters

Even if that was the case your team would still get flogged week in week out.

mattyg

Bench
Souths also got the good friday match against the bulldogs, which attracted heaps more than the return game

Tom Ace

Bench
Let Souffs have their little "victory" however empty and artificially inflated it is.

There's not much else to look forward to for all their "fans" who happen to be in the catering, security and cleaning businesses.

jc155776

Coach
Team survivorship will not be based on crowd numbers, stupid thing to say.

Typical from a stupid Soufs supporter.

Keep counting those officials.

Last edited:

dice

Juniors
meh. Now that Roosters are back near top of ladder they play FA day games and are on every 2nd FNF. A more meaningful statistic would be average crowds for night games vs average crowd for day games.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Maybe the Roosters can get Slackjaw Freddy to push more 1/2 price season passes.

That should do the trick.

TheDalek079

Bench
Didnt Souths get caught out counting players and coaches in their game day attendence figures ?? Or am i remembering the wrong team ??

Not sure you can put any real credit in those figures if thats true hahaha
thats true. telecrap counted and proved that souffs fudged the numbers. mascots, players, refs, stadium workers were also included or something like that

Souths also got the good friday match against the bulldogs, which attracted heaps more than the return game

didn't souffs pull a stunt where they gave tickets to people at the easter show to inflate crowd numbers?

Lets all feel inferior to souffs. Won nothing since 1971, only one finals appearance since 1990 and recent finishes are 7th, last, 3rd-last, last, last, 2nd-last (due to rorting bulldogs). but at least they can fudge crowd numbers

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
Tigers will finish on top of the Sydney crowds by the end of the season. They've led the Sydney crowds for the last 3 years.

Souths average will continue to plummet as it has been doing since their round 1 Roosters clash (the exception being their home game against the Tigers a few weeks ago)

Can't see the Dogs averages improving given the current issues with the team.

All that said, if the Tigers get spanked by a depleted Bulldogs team on Saturday i wouldn't be surprised to see Tigers fans go missing everywhere as they lemming off cliff faces.

Just imagine what the crowds could be for the Wests Tigers if the West magpies had had any supporters to contribute to the merger.

Tom Ace

Bench
PMSL @ the rorter whores - jealous little bitches some of them are. :lol:

:? You can have your extra 2,500 ground staff, caterers, security staff and cleaners and languish down the bottom of the ladder and we'll sit up in 3rd.

I know which I'd be jealous of.