What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South Sydney Rabbitohs in the Grand Final

Hutty1986

Immortal
43 years since their last grand final. Unbelievable stat. Reckon theyll carve up the doggies.

ram raid

Bench
I feel real bad for Nathan Merrit. It was the right decision to drop him but he gave so much to that club ... shame he won't get to play in a grand final for them.

GW.

Juniors
Put a sock in it idiots. Why ruin this golden moment for souths fans?
I'm not a souths supporter but they are the most unique teamin the nrl and a strong part of what makes the nrl story so great!

thorson1987

Coach
43 years since their last grand final. Unbelievable stat. Reckon theyll carve up the doggies.

That was nothing on the Bears.

They went 56 years iirc without a grand final appearance (77 years without a premiership) before they got into bed with the devil.

Valheru

Coach
I don’t feel one iota of happiness for anyone associated with souffs. They are pure scum and should have never been allowed back in the comp. Unfortunately they are playing another bunch of scum so I can’t even cheer for the opposition.

One will lose which is nice and the fact Isaac Luke won’t play has me giggling. Other than that there are no positives.

leaguegod692

Juniors
I don?t feel one iota of happiness for anyone associated with souffs. They are pure scum and should have never been allowed back in the comp. Unfortunately they are playing another bunch of scum so I can?t even cheer for the opposition.

One will lose which is nice and the fact Isaac Luke won?t play has me giggling. Other than that there are no positives.

are they playing themselves ???

reading the papers the last few days, i can't for the life of figure out who they are playing :lol:

SaraSassypants

Juniors
I don?t feel one iota of happiness for anyone associated with souffs. They are pure scum and should have never been allowed back in the comp. Unfortunately they are playing another bunch of scum so I can?t even cheer for the opposition.

One will lose which is nice and the fact Isaac Luke won?t play has me giggling. Other than that there are no positives.
Have a sook.

pantherz9103

First Grade
I don’t feel one iota of happiness for anyone associated with souffs. They are pure scum and should have never been allowed back in the comp. Unfortunately they are playing another bunch of scum so I can’t even cheer for the opposition.

One will lose which is nice and the fact Isaac Luke won’t play has me giggling. Other than that there are no positives.

Funny coming from a supporter of a club that is actually 'pure scum'. Been capitalising off the good junior development systems of other clubs for years. Nice to see Souffs in there and not your mob.

MARSHALL ZHUKOV

Juniors
This special moment deserves its own thread. There is still a week to go, and eyes need to be in the big surprise, but for South's supporters - being in the Grand Final after 43 years of heart ache is just so much more significant.

And I don't say that to dismiss the fandom of other teams - but us Rabbitohs supporters have been there through the lowest of lows. Losing our team from the competition, followed by years of wooden spoon results. There is a rocky history there. For me I know being in the GF this week feels surreal, and I'm sure for some of the old timers who have been around for the whole 43 year gap it would be even moreso.

Some fans claim we are the Pride of the League - I don't - we haven't been good enough for a long time. But for 2014 I hope we can be the Pride of the League once again. Thank you Russell Crowe, Peter Holmes A Court, Shane Richardson and Michael Maguire for giving us a chance and changing us from the Joke of the League.

Glory Glory!

It has a care factor of zero for most except you souffs vermin fans- your souffs vermin club are not the pride of the league at all that is a myth and belittles all other clubs including other foundation clubs still playing in one way shape or form-Your club was built on lies,deceit,corruption and theft of junior boundaries - Roosters junior boundaries in the 1950's by S G BALL.

Any club that has a gentlemens agreement not to play the final like your souffs vermin club had with Balmain IN 1909 and then turns up and claims the premiership on forfeit deserves to be held in contemp by all true honest fair minded fans and people.

I Dont like the Dogs either but i hope they can do us fair minded and honest fans a favour and keep your premiership drought going.

The catch cry at the ground and surrounds should be " 44 years and Counting"

your not pride of the league your the shame of the league

It has a care factor of zero for most except you souffs vermin fans- your souffs vermin club are not the pride of the league at all that is a myth and belittles all other clubs including other foundation clubs still playing in one way shape or form-Your club was built on lies,deceit,corruption and theft of junior boundaries - Roosters junior boundaries in the 1950's by S G BALL.

Any club that has a gentlemens agreement not to play the final like your souffs vermin club had with Balmain IN 1909 and then turns up and claims the premiership on forfeit deserves to be held in contemp by all true honest fair minded fans and people.

I Dont like the Dogs either but i hope they can do us fair minded and honest fans a favour and keep your premiership drought going.

The catch cry at the ground and surrounds should be " 44 years and Counting"

your not pride of the league your the shame of the league

dawson-crying1.jpg

pantherz9103

First Grade
Funny the Rorters fans talking about morals when they leeched off Penrith and other clubs with their own juniors to go from an irrelevant club in the early 90's to top performers in the late 90's/early 00's

carcharias

Immortal
good luck to souths...poor inbred f**kers deserve some good luck for a change

however, I think Isaac Luke being out is 10 times worse than ennis being out.

Got a bad feeling dogs will win this.

MARSHALL ZHUKOV

Juniors
Funny coming from a supporter of a club that is actually 'pure scum'. Been capitalising off the good junior development systems of other clubs for years. Nice to see Souffs in there and not your mob.

Read up on your history epod - the junior boundaries were redrawn in the 1950's resulting in traditional Roosters juniors areas being handed over to Souths- this was done by S G Ball who had a conflict of interest in it being the main NSWRL administrator and also one of the main administrators at Souths. In the 1980'S the Rooster proposed a redrawing of the junior league boundaries but this was rejected by Parker(Souths), Barnes(Balmain), Moore(Canterbury) and Arthuson(Manly) as a 75% agreement was required.

Below is the juniors areas of both Easts and Souths following the redrawing of the junior boundaries in 1950's - it has also to be noted that newtowns junior areas were absorbed into souths when they were kicked out of the comp in 1983 and when wests relocated to campbelltown their junior area was absorbed into Canterbury's

The price of real estate in the Eastern suburbs precludes young families moving into this area hence why penrith/wests/parramatta for an example have such large junior numbers as people have to live where they can afford property.

Since the junior boundaries have not properly been reviewed and redrawn as a result of the urban spread/absorbing of defunct/relocated clubs into other clubs juniors since the 1950'S it is imperative this occurs to enable a proper level playing field in the advent of any draft system that may come into operation.

To say the Roosters have been capitalising off the good junior development systems of other clubs for years is totally untrue- apart from Jennings/JWH(7 NRL Games with Manly) Moa (1 NRL game with ths sharks- actually 15 minutes) Maloney all other players have either come through the junior /lower grade system at the Roosters and had not played any NRL for any other team.

Your penrith side contains many more established players from other NRL sides than the Roosters do so are you capitalising on the good junior development of other clubs??- your panthers shouldn't need to buy any establised players and with the biggest junior numbers they should be developing all players they require for the three grades and not going out and buying them from other teams.

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

MARSHALL ZHUKOV

Juniors
Funny the Rorters fans talking about morals when they leeched off Penrith and other clubs with their own juniors to go from an irrelevant club in the early 90's to top performers in the late 90's/early 00's

bet your mum will be glad when school holidays are over and your back at school instead of annoying the adults on here