What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South Sydney Rabbitohs issues

Black Panther

Juniors
Literally don't care. The amount of crap the bloke cops in the media for things completely unwarranted, I'm not surprised he's in his "f**k it" stage with them. TBH if I were Souths I'd pull him out of media commitments for the foreseeable future. Best for everyone.

Yes, this was the headscratcher that has us annoyed.

Everything I've ever observed from every single time I've seen or spoken to him in person (fan days, end of year awards, etc) tells me the direct opposite. Probably the most generous player with his time (alongside Cameron Murray and Campbell Graham) that I've seen.

I think it's more of a case of glorifying the seppo confidence/arrogance culture and getting it a bit wrong.
He wasn’t shy in the media about the racism slur. Basically Latrell thinks he is bigger than the game and everyone is rascist and out to get him.

You’re right about one thing, maybe he should be kept out of the spotlight.

Bazal

Post Whore
Their halfback is as beige as a Kmart folder, their fullback is a fat centre who can't be f**ked with half the role, their five-eighth is an aggro ant who'd rather fight than play footy, they always have at least one random Bundy Cup outside back in an already overrated three quarter line, their aging beach sprinter hooker hasn't been good in about five years and their coach appears to have been hand selected by uncle Wayne because the old vampire knew he was no threat to his job...the pack goes ok but

One theory that has been floated in some quarters is the perceived lack of speed in the current Souths backline. It looks like Cody Walker may have lost some of his acel;eration, as I don't think I've seen him run down as often as he was against the Broncos. Out side of Alex Johnston, of the players available for the backs, there are not any real noted speedsters. Latrell is more explosive and power than out and out speed.

Valid theory or not really?

yobbo84

Coach
One theory that has been floated in some quarters is the perceived lack of speed in the current Souths backline. It looks like Cody Walker may have lost some of his acel;eration, as I don't think I've seen him run down as often as he was against the Broncos. Out side of Alex Johnston, of the players available for the backs, there are not any real noted speedsters. Latrell is more explosive and power than out and out speed.

Valid

AJ's speed is gone. He's no longer fast-fast. He still has elite timing and body positioning on the backend of sweep plays, but besides that he's just hanging out for the record at this point.

Tyrone Munro would be the fastest back at the club by some margin. Looking forward to his return from injury.

Danish

Referee
the problem starts with the front office.

the CEO is in the media dozens of times every season whinging about one thing or another. Compare that to how often you hear the CEOs of other clubs even speak.

You also have the good awful handling of Sam Burgess’s exit. The man is a living legend of the club, by far the best living player to ever put on their jersey. Led them to their only premiership of the colour tv era and is largely respected by everyone in the league community…. And they railroaded that man out of the club because he dared point out that some of their stars had ego problems.

these are not the actions of a well run club, and something that has undoubtedly trickled down into the entire organisation.

i don’t think it would take much to turn it around. They aren’t in a bulldogs or tigers style situation. But I’ll be damned if I care about how they fix it

Vee

First Grade
Letting Reynolds go was a huge mistake. He still had a couple of good years left in him. Reynolds, along with Walsh were keys to the Broncos in making the GF last year.

Souths replaced Reynolds at the end of '21 with Ilias, who barely played any lower grade football for two years, thanks to covid cancellations and restrictions.

And now Souths brought in Wighton. Why did they recruit Wighton? Some bizarre decisions from Souths.
He's Trell's mate.

wittyfan

Referee

Gus Gould mentioned the team’s general lack of speed on 100% Footy last night as well. A few senior players are probably a bit past it now.

mozza91

Coach
I know right, imagine supporting a side who was 0-2 to start the season and just dropped their halfback...
We’ve been shit too so have made the necessary changes to try and rectify it. Just like Souths. That being said a crippled out of form Hastings is still twice the player Ilias is.

I think Souths issue is that they aren’t fit enough. Trell is the one people obviously go to, but it is common across the squad. Run at Cody a few times and he gets angry, Arrow only has punch for about 5-10 minutes after coming on the field. Even Murray is constantly on his haunches in back-play. It gives them in-game issues and they also seem to have more injuries than many.

blue bags

First Grade
Last year rabbits were leading the comp
Then something happened
The team lost focus
Wonder what's the reason 🤔