What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South Sydney Rabbitohs vs West Tigers *Live Updates*

mulvihill

Juniors
i was sat in front of a tigers fan giving it (all game) to Fats. I sh*teth you all not. Every time Fats got it he bagged him. Oh for the days when we had class centres like Bubba Kennedy, Laloa Milford, Michael Withers, Mark O'Halloran. Utter wanker bagging out one of the game's top centres

Tap Twist Snap

Juniors
Wests Tigers were lucky souths were so awful because they really were not very good at all. The way we played half the teams in the comp still would have beaten us.

glockers

Juniors
Iafeta said:
The 16th team hasn't gone into the market for past their best has beens, never has beens, never will bes, and fringe first grade prospects from other clubs, unlike the team you're comparing them to.

Mathers is a good player, Carney is one of the best wingers in the world, Campbell and Prince are good halves, Bailey is a world class prop, Friend is a tireless worker, O'Dwyer is a decent prospect.

They're filled most of the key spots with good personnel. That's the difference. There's still good personnel floating around elsewhere, if you're selective.

You forgot Laffranchi, possibly their most under rated signing.

innsaneink

Referee
brooksy19 said:
Worst first grade performance ive witnessed..

Bad news is reserve grade aint much better.. 40 all draw.

Their team was cheered off like they won the premiership....

Why shouldnt they be?

Theyd just turned a certain loss into a last second draw, and their top team hasnt won a game?

brooksy19

Bench
I wouldnt call it a certain loss. they teams were playing touch footy out there.. at half time i said to my mate, this game will end up 42-38 or something... Souths fans applaud mediciority, thats the problem.

innsaneink

Referee
It was 40-34 with 2 mins to go...they scored in the corner and the goalkick locked it all up.....pretty damn close to a sure loss.
Anyway thats besides the point...[-Xgood on em for cheering.

brooksy19

Bench
innsaneink said:
It was 40-34 with 2 mins to go...they scored in the corner and the goalkick locked it all up.....pretty damn close to a sure loss.
Anyway thats besides the point...[-Xgood on em for cheering.

It was the worst defensive display ive ever witnessed and yet they carried on like they won the comp, good on them for grabbing the draw.

"Lets hear it for medicority"

innsaneink

Referee
I admit we only caught the last 20 mins of PL....

You sound quite bitter...:lol:

Fancy fans cheering their team for snatching a draw.

brooksy19

Bench
innsaneink said:
I admit we only caught the last 20 mins of PL....

You sound quite bitter...:lol:

Fancy fans cheering their team for snatching a draw.

Ink,

It was glorified wednesday night division 3 mixed touch footy out there.

It was either a try through the most inept defence or a dropped ball, forward pass or ball into touch. - [Tonuge in cheek] You supported Wests Magpies in 98-99, so you know what im talking about [/Tonuge in cheek]:lol:

Im not bitter, im not to worried about reserve grade to be perfectly honest. Mainly because of how the standard as decayed in the last 5 years or so.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
How can anyone say Souths fans are poor for booing and yelling obsenities at their players?

If that was my team, I would just about neck myself. Fancy having to call yourself a supporter of the 17 players who stepped onto that field today.

Souths fans should get their money back after that display.

Eddie.

Bench
hybrid_tiger said:
How can anyone say Souths fans are poor for booing and yelling obsenities at their players?

If that was my team, I would just about neck myself. Fancy having to call yourself a supporter of the 17 players who stepped onto that field today.

Souths fans should get their money back after that display.

Agreed. They were pathetic. Quite laughable in fact.

I was sitting with a mate who is a long time Souths fan and i actully felt sorry for him.

The Performances of the halves, Joe Williams and Ben Rodgers was the worst i have ever seen froma halves pairing. Our tries showed defence where dreadful and gutless would be too kind a term.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
What a just plain awful game of football. My touch team only won one game in our season recently but I think we could have beaten Souths yesterday. I was so disappointed that the Tigers actually conceded a try because it didn't look like it would happen all day. Still have never kept a team to nil!

Nightstalker

Juniors
tiger pride said:
What a just plain awful game of football. My touch team only won one game in our season recently but I think we could have beaten Souths yesterday. I was so disappointed that the Tigers actually conceded a try because it didn't look like it would happen all day. Still have never kept a team to nil!

We felt sorry for them I think. Really we should have won the game by 60. If we increased our intensity in the last 20mins of the 1st half we could have led by 30+ at halftime.