What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South Sydney want all 4 burgess boys.

ParraFan09

Juniors

531531-sam-burgess.jpg

Family affair...Sam Burgess's brothers could soon join the star prop at Souths. Source: The Daily Telegraph

IMAGINE taking on a forward pack that included Sam Burgess and three of his almost identical brothers.

Well, the South Sydney Rabbitohs are trying to make it happen - and it could be a reality by the start of next season.

Sam's older brother, Luke, plays for the Leeds Rhinos, while younger twins, Tom and George, 18, play for his old club the Bradford Bulls.

Tom and George are even bigger than Sam, weighing in at 115kg. George is the most highly regarded young forward in the English Super League and a member of England's development academy.

"We'd like to have them all here as soon as possible," says Souths CEO Shane Richardson.

It would be a massive marketing boost for Souths and the entire NRL.

"It would be great if it could happen for next year, but we have to respect they are still under contract to Bradford and Leeds in England.

"The three boys have all been out here to see Sam. They love the place and they all want to play for Souths. It's up to the manager back in England, who looks after all three of them, to make the next move. I have been speaking to him regularly about the boys, but I can't do much more until they sort everything out with their clubs."

Not since the good old Belmore days,when Steve, Chris and Peter Mortimer played at Canterbury, has an NRL club had three brothers in one team. You have to go back 100 years to find a team with four brothers. Ray, Rex, Roy and Bernard Norman played for Annandale against Souths on August 20, 1910.

Souths are confident they can squeeze the Burgess boys under the salary cap by including George and Tom in Toyota Cup and Luke in the first-grade squad.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1225936496012

WireMan

Bench
almost identical?

What the hell does that mean? Imagine taking on a team with 4 big guys that look different but share the same name?

Ther youngest two will have to much pressure and it may effect there future career. Luke is an alright prop, but i doubt he is any better than whats already there.

Jankuloski

Juniors
Yeh.. but the marketing value is huuuuuge..

It's kinda like top gear - it's the show about cars that is watched and loved by people who don't care about cars too.. We get to see a decent pack on the field, someone else will enjoy the novelty of seeing the whole family in one jersey.. Bums on seats, bums in front of tv..

deluded pom?

Coach
"George is the most highly regarded young forward in the English Super League"

Jeez he must be good seeing as he hasn't made his SLE debut yet.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
take em'all......please!!!

Yeah bring em over here, its the best chance England have of competing consistently with us.

You need to find a way of getting some outside backs out here. Its our centre and wingers defensive reads that make us better then yours. That and just physical superiority.

Yeah bring em over here, its the best chance England have of competing consistently with us.

You need to find a way of getting some outside backs out here. Its our centre and wingers defensive reads that make us better then yours. That and just physical superiority.
like who ryan hall, leon pryce, karl pryce, leroy cudjoe, tom briscoe, lee smith, ryan atkins they all do not meet nrl standard however i would like to see them come here

Billythekid

First Grade
like who ryan hall, leon pryce, karl pryce, leroy cudjoe, tom briscoe, lee smith, ryan atkins they all do not meet nrl standard however i would like to see them come here

Do people who make comments like this even watch NRL games? There are some downright atrocius backs/halves in the NRL. Sometimes i wonder how the hell some of these people ever step foot in the top grade.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach

IMO, Ryan Hall, Leon Pryce, Lee Smith and Ryan Atkins would be up to NRL level comfortably.

Ryan Hall I think could be the best winger in the game if he came here. Like Brian Carney.

jim_57

Staff member
IMO, Ryan Hall, Leon Pryce, Lee Smith and Ryan Atkins would be up to NRL level comfortably.

Ryan Hall I think could be the best winger in the game if he came here. Like Brian Carney.

Agree, bring some over. Tom Briscoe, Shenton and Cudjoe would all do well IMO.

big_steve

Juniors
if souths have all 4 burgess boys or jus 1 of them it wont make a difference arent they all second rowers lol the whole forward pack is guna be burgess burgess burgess burgess.....ray warren will be spewing

Evil Homer

Staff member
With the exception of Karl Pryce, all those players would walk into NRL teams. If Karl put his mind to it he could walk into any team in the world.

ParraFan09

Juniors
With the exception of Karl Pryce, all those players would walk into NRL teams. If Karl put his mind to it he could walk into any team in the world.
I wouldnt go that far and say they could just come down here and walk into any team, but they are all good players with bright futures.

Latest posts