What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths 2018 Squad

Rabbits20

Immortal
The manly game? The same
Manly game where Goodwin nearly lost us the game in the first 20 minutes?
Goodwin overall was on field much more than Hunt and Hunt was not as consistent in aspects of his game including ildiscipline....

Goodwin was superior overall by far....

Any Souths member would pretty much tell you that who heads out to ANZ........

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Goodwin overall was on field much more than Hunt and Hunt was not as consistent in aspects of his game including ildiscipline....

Goodwin was superior overall by far....

Any Souths member would pretty much tell you that who heads out to ANZ........

Once again I'll refer to NRL.com for player stats.

Goodwin and Hunt both averaged 0.3 penalties per game.

Goodwin and Hunt both averaged 0.9 errors per games.

Can you explain to me what ildisciplined means if it doesn't refer to penalties and errors?!

Well then I encourage the majority of Souths fans to come on here and explain why Hunt is so terrible. I don't really see why he is but maybe im being biased.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I never said Hunt was terrible.....

He does have to be far more consistent though and back his defence more as there is some quality there...

Hunt didn't play many games at all........

I'll see how he goes next season..

The more games you play the harder it is....

Rabbitoad

Juniors
I can remember early on when we played the Knights in Round 2 and Manly in Roumd 3 or whatever it was he got caught out in both matches and coughed up the ball coming out of trouble....

There was a game he was on the wing too where he was caught out rushing in...

His most shocking game was against Canberra where he missed simple one on ones..... diabolical that night......
He was on the wing in all of those games.

We're talking about his defence in the centres mate

Rabbits20

Immortal
He was on the wing in all of those games.

We're talking about his defence in the centres mate
He wasn't on the wing against the Knights or Manly I don't recall....

He was at right centre with Burns on wing.

Then the Canberra game Jennings was right wing with Hunt right centre......

Thadius

Juniors
I was sad to see Bryson move on to England. He gave you ten times the miles for your gallon than Hunt would and played a crucial hand in some of our get out of jail victories over the years.

Hunt was flat out tackling a baked dinner because he is as slow as a turtle and lacks lateral movement.

Now you can carry a centre who struggles defensively but offers great attack (D-Walks). But you cannot carry a centre like Hunt who might give you a big hit every three games and zilch after that.

The Gagai signing solved one centre spot dilemma, really need another decent centre to go with him.

burgibigbash

Juniors
I think Hunt only struggled because of injury . To me he looked like he came back too early.

He is a good strong centre to have in the middle third when big strong runs are required. He scored a bumper of a try against NZ Warriors in 2016 that showed he has a bit in attack and showed good pace.
He's not a winger, but can play left centre and I'm pretty sure he did in the CS a couple of years back for 20 minutes or so.
I can't believe that we have the Worlds best centre and a left one at that but we wont even try to use him there.
I think Jennings and Hunt will probably be the frontrunners for the other two spots in the backline with Graham, Gagan, Kennar, Burns the chasers . If Taukamo or Hiroti pull off a big game in the trials they may come into contention.

I think Tony will go with

GI
AJ
Gagai
Hunt
Jennings

I would go

AJ
Gagai
Jennings
GI
Graham

doyen

Bench
I think Hunt only struggled because of injury . To me he looked like he came back too early.

He is a good strong centre to have in the middle third when big strong runs are required. He scored a bumper of a try against NZ Warriors in 2016 that showed he has a bit in attack and showed good pace.
He's not a winger, but can play left centre and I'm pretty sure he did in the CS a couple of years back for 20 minutes or so.
I can't believe that we have the Worlds best centre and a left one at that but we wont even try to use him there.
I think Jennings and Hunt will probably be the frontrunners for the other two spots in the backline with Graham, Gagan, Kennar, Burns the chasers . If Taukamo or Hiroti pull off a big game in the trials they may come into contention.

I think Tony will go with

GI
AJ
Gagai
Hunt
Jennings

I would go

AJ
Gagai
Jennings
GI
Graham

I would go with------

GI.
AJ.
GAGAI.
GRAHAM.
JENNINGS??

GRAHAM will be the breakout player!! Jennings best to the far edge!

Latest posts