What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths 3,2,1

Odd game to judge last night for various reasons. Neither team really needed to win last night but hosting a final was something to play for. Roosters would want to kick off the new ground with a win and Souths would’ve wanted to spoil the party and make a statement about who’s home it really is. With an even amount of possession, most of the game felt like an arm wrestle despite the scoreboard showing we were in control.

With both teams having outs and losing a couple of key players during the game means we didn’t really see the game many predicted. Souths looked indifferent last night especially in attack but I’d argue that’s been the defining feature of their 22 season. We very clearly put the cue in the rack, no doubt.

Everyone was solid last night with Teddy (will he ever get a rest this year?) Luke, Joey, Angus, SST being the standouts. Lodgey was immense again and young Egan was outstanding. Don’t want to bag anyone but there’s got to be another option other than Naiqama. Even Momo was good last night.

Looks like another season finishing without Manu. Can’t win it without him but we can still beat the grubs next week. Love the new SFS. Let’s turn it into a fortress.

3. Angus
2. SST
1. Teddy

.... Don’t want to bag anyone but there’s got to be another option other than Naiqama. Even Momo was good last night.

This picture was taken from the Roosters website. I've crossed out the backs who were unavailable before the match or who were injured during that match. As you can see there is not much depth in the three quarter line -

1662254005261.png

It doesn't say much about some of them that Hutch has been playing centres for the last few weeks.

Attachments

• 1662253885066.png
    1662253885066.png
    830.5 KB · Views: 3

H.H

Juniors
3 - Gus
2 - Keary
1 - Egan

What a stadium...geez I was impressed. Agree on Hutch (at Centre) and knags - liabilities and we need Verrills to play at almost any cost, Watson is a real downgrade at Dummy Half.

Anyway, really hope we can knock these nuffies over this week and I can then pretty much cop whatever happens from there.

Valheru

Coach
3 Keary
2 Gus
1 Teddy

Always good to beat the vermin even if it meant very little. The most pleasing aspect for me is that in the first 20 minutes when the teams were trying we won convincingly with a very professional display. From there it understandably descended in to a bit of a dour contest.

The narrative this week will no doubt be there was nothing on the line last week and souths didn't try and souths were missing X, Y and Z and blah blah blah. These types of situations all come down to coaching IMO and I will trust Robbo until he gives me a reason not to anymore. The roosters look laser focused on giving the premiership a real crack this year whereas souths seem content to just knock us out and be on their way.

On the injury front looks like we are having a little luck, with the long turnaround, JWH, Verrils, Sualli, Tupou and Radley should all be right to go. It sucks to not have Joey but he will be back for a potential prelim so it could be a lot worse. I said it in the main forum, if we can't beat this mob without Joey (whilst the rest of the squad is at full strength) then we may as well pack our bags and focus on next year because as wonderful a player he is, he isn't the difference between losing to souths and beating the Panthers.

Souths fans are acting like we showed all our cards last week. I hope their club feels that way too because I trust Robbo to out smart Demetriou. Just hoping that Jared, Toops and Sam are genuinely fit

Headless Chook

Juniors
Souths fans are acting like we showed all our cards last week. I hope their club feels that way too because I trust Robbo to out smart Demetriou. Just hoping that Jared, Toops and Sam are genuinely fit
No real surprise they've all been named in squad but so has Cameron Murray. Murray would be a bigger "out" for them if declared unfit than Joey for us IMO.

Valheru

Coach

Apparently that's exactly how they feel

Latrell reckons they were in 3rd gear whilst we were in 5th or 6th and we "prepared 12 months for that game".

Truly delusional stuff and if that's indicative of how the whole joint feels they are going to find themselves on the wrong end of a flogging.

Apparently that's exactly how they feel

Latrell reckons they were in 3rd gear whilst we were in 5th or 6th and we "prepared 12 months for that game".

Truly delusional stuff and if that's indicative of how the whole joint feels they are going to find themselves on the wrong end of a flogging.
I‘m sure he’s taking the piss but comparing it to Goodes is laughable. He lies to the club and leaves for our arch enemy and then tries to kill one of our club’s favourite players and complains about getting booed lol. Is there no end to their sooking.