What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths 38 Penrith 4 @ Coffs Harbour

Paul Hewson

Juniors
No doubt about it. However we needed to win by a score like that. I didn't want to pick up the paper yesterday and only see 22 to 20 win or something like that. They did what they had to do.

Thats exactly right Franko. We did what was expected. But being up there in the weather I did expect it to be closer than what it was. This shows how good our handling was. To score 9 tries in the rain that they had there was exceptional.

Dave Q

Coach
So the story goes, it was very ugly from a panther perspective.

Bunched-up schoolboy stuff even when the game was beyond doubt.

Every man and his dog knows that

1. All Lang wanted was to be told of his imminent demise before it happened.
2. They promised him they would tell him.
3. They didnt honour that promise. They claimed they had no time.

Even then he showed a lot of restraint in the press when he was asked to comment.

In terms of personell and resources at his disposal, Langs last year at the Panthers was an outstanding success. He deserved a few more years and some support.

I digress:-

Its OK for everyone to have a free kick at Elliot, but we havent heard his side of the story.

In his defence, we know for a fact that:

* He had problems with certain players, many upped and left.
* He didnt get the marquee players which he wanted.
* A lot of people had issues with his staff ( Adamson).
* His ideas were pretty revolutionary
* He had to work with fatigued players
* He had to work with fringe players
* He brought Jennings, Blair and Coote up through the ranks well.
* He had to put up with the Panthers Board which had all kinds of crises going on.

So everyone will crucify Elliot, leagues biggest scapegoat, and he made mistakes and he admitted them, but the blame should be shared around.

And their next coach, Georgalis, will be more in the Lang style.

Only the most optimistic Panther fan has their sights set on the 8.

Id love to see them do it, I know lots of their fans, they are good people, plenty of indirect links to Souths. Theyve had tough times too.