What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths - A Disgrace

Mr Saab

Referee
MightySharks said:
:blahb: Hook line and sinker! We have made the final about 10 times since 1989. Yeah Yeah you have won a comp who cares I wasn't even born then and I'm 28. Atleast we have hope most years of playing finals football and after 1/3 of this years comp we are tied first, and I can be excited every week about watching the Sharks. Souths just dish up disgrace after disgrace. Souths what a joke!

in case you didnt know i am a staunch Broncos supporter.

Mr Saab

Referee
Maroubra Shark said:
Chaqrlie Saab](*,)

You are quite an original chap hey:roll:

i just find it ironic sharks fans can bag souths when the sharks themselves have done very little since 1967.
Are the sharks going to choke in the semis once again...like
1988, 1989, 1995, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, and 2002?

Raider_69

Post Whore
The Colonel said:
http://sgb.leagueunlimited.com/songs.htm

Not being picky guys but there are quite a few rip-offs in here. I know SGB aren't the Canberra club, but its along similar lines to whats happening.

Most club songs are rip offs from one club or another all around the world....

very different
they are chants to be sung at games, not a team song. Every supporter group rips songs from others, most of them would be english chants anyways.

That is the team song and has been terribly ripped off by souths, how many team songs get ripped like that?

The Colonel

Immortal
Raider_69 said:
very different
they are chants to be sung at games, not a team song. Every supporter group rips songs from others, most of them would be english chants anyways.

That is the team song and has been terribly ripped off by souths, how many team songs get ripped like that?

A lot of team songs are ripped off from English soccer clubs. Some are original - not all. Parramatta have changed the words from Click Go The Shears for one club song and had an original song written by Jon English.

Wasn't the Green Machine song written for an ad on TV before it became the team song? That was the first place I ever heard it......

MightySharks

Bench
Charlie Saab said:
i just find it ironic sharks fans can bag souths when the sharks themselves have done very little since 1967.
Are the sharks going to choke in the semis once again...like
1988, 1989, 1995, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, and 2002?

As I said atleast we can be proud of our team, they put in and are a chance of beating any team and you can get excited by the prospect of watching finals football.
Souths are a disgrace there fans don't turn up there players don't put in. Sure they have history but thats ancient, they have had absoultley nothing to get excited about in years. So while I travell down to Canberra this weekend to watch two teams playing for first spot in front of a big crowd. Souths will just serve up the same old rubbish. I wish this league had a relegation zone and we could have forgotten about souths bums years ago!

Mr Saab

Referee
sport is cycical mightyshark.
Sure, the rabbits have done F all since their last minor premiership in 1989, but sooner or later they will come good.
Look at the cowboys...cellar dwellers from 1995-2002 and then they have suddenly come good. 2003 they improved, 2004 they broke loose.
league cannot have a relegation system as you very well know.

Raider_69

Post Whore
The Colonel said:
Wasn't the Green Machine song written for an ad on TV before it became the team song? That was the first place I ever heard it......

Not that im aware of but you could be right :)

The Colonel

Immortal
Raider_69 said:
Not that im aware of but you could be right :)

Given I'm older than you and it was played in the Canberra and surrounding district when I was growing up, I'm not certain but close to it that that was where it was adopted from. It was a Channel Ten ad and started around the time the made the GF in 1987.

Raider_69

Post Whore
The Colonel said:
Given I'm older than you and it was played in the Canberra and surrounding district when I was growing up, I'm not certain but close to it that that was where it was adopted from. It was a Channel Ten ad and started around the time the made the GF in 1987.

yea well i live in penrith and have all 18 years of my life, was only a few months old by GF time in 87, so you could be right

OVP

Coach
simon says said:
Hahahha...Raiders fans in uproar again.....zzzzzzzzzzzz.

:lol::lol: Simon

And like this aint a ripoff AND A HALF !!

'You'll Never Walk Alone'
WALK ON, WALK ON
WITH HOPE, IN YOUR HEART
AND YOU’LL NEVER WALK ALONE
YOU’LL NEVER WALK ALONE

Prodigiousman

Juniors
The 'Green Machine' song is associated with the club as their song but the players sing a vastly different song when they win games in the sheds. If in doubt check out the Grand Final winning song after their victories.

It is pretty average if Souths adopt it as their club theme song, but I doubt the players will be banging it out in the sheds after a win, - they'd have their own.

Lego_Man

First Grade
Prodigiousman said:
The 'Green Machine' song is associated with the club as their song but the players sing a vastly different song when they win games in the sheds. If in doubt check out the Grand Final winning song after their victories.

It is pretty average if Souths adopt it as their club theme song, but I doubt the players will be banging it out in the sheds after a win, - they'd have their own.

I doubt it too, they won't be winning in the first place.

choc_soldier

Coach
If they had "Go the mighty Bunnies, all the way", I would be deadset ropeable.

But the mighty red and green machine? OK...

Bumble

First Grade
Why don't we get the tissues out for the Raiders fans? I hadn't even seen that before, and as Diehard said noone is going to buy that.

Oh, and Sharks fans are morons. Noone cares if you make the finals, try winning one. We already have 20. :)

Kris_man

Bench
Raiders Green Machine song:

BEST
SONG
EVER!!!

Nothing pumps me up for a Raiders game like that does. We'll HIT YA, HIT YA, HIT YA, and you'll see GREEN!!!!

Latest posts