What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths fans calling us chokers

Willow

Assistant Moderator
With 8 key first grade players out, I think u can well and truly call the Charity Shield a trial.. Dont get too carried away
Yes, you're right. We had a lot of players out - grand finalists too. Beau Scott, Brett Morris, Jamie Soward, captain Ben Hornby, Dean Young, not to mention a fullback playing five eighth, and a truckload of kids from the U/20s getting a run having an absolute ball.

Oh, do you mean the losing side?

Tell me, who's the tackling coach at 50uff$?

CCJames

Juniors
Yes, you're right. We had a lot of players out - grand finalists too. Beau Scott, Brett Morris, Jamie Soward, captain Ben Hornby, Dean Young, not to mention a fullback playing five eighth, and a truckload of kids from the U/20s getting a run having an absolute ball.

Oh, do you mean the losing side?

Tell me, who's the tackling coach at 50uff$?

Exactly my point.. I dont think u can guys can write souths off for the season just because of that one game, where both teams were missing valuable players... It was clearly a trial match for both clubs and was treated exactly like that..

KiamaSaint

Coach
Exactly my point.. I dont think u can guys can write souths off for the season just because of that one game, where both teams were missing valuable players... It was clearly a trial match for both clubs and was treated exactly like that..

No one is writing Souths off because of that one game, it is the past 11 seasons that is hard to overlook.

InThatNumber

Juniors
So who is the tackling coach at 50uff$? Do they have one?

You wouldn't know it watching them play, would you? They've got one guy over there, apparently left his club, teammates and fans in the lurch circa 1996, even while contracted to them.. now he just bags the club any chance he gets... oh well he reaps what he sows... after all he works for souffs...

Firey_Dragon

Coach

Win or lose in a trial it's irrelevant. It's how you play, irrespective of the result that matters. With the exception of Pettybourne's performance, it's hard to take any confidence from that game if you are a Souths fan.

Defensively they were a rabble, and I have no idea how Wesser is still in first grade.

Two things can be taken from that game. The Dragons still look strong defensively, and the Rabbits still have a lot of work to do if they are to be competitive this year.

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
well!!! its you guys who are talking premierships how about you talk top 8 first, oh sorry you forgot what that looks like:crazy:

Rocket

Juniors
http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8210968

What Ben Ross is quoted as saying:

"The loss isn't a big thing for us, it's what we've done wrong and right and we'll go into our video sessions and do a lot of work and figure out what we have to improve on," Ross told reporters at Monday's recovery session.
"That's why we play trials, we do those things to find out what we can improve on."

What he really meant:

"The loss isn't a big thing for us, we're a mediocre team and a look at the video will confirm that so we need to do a lot of work and figure out how Rusty can get Bennett to coach us" Ross told reporters.

"That's why we plays trials, at least then we have some feeble excuse for not delivering"

Gaba

First Grade
In a way the souths fans are right, dragons are chokers ,they choked souths the last three times they met.

Wobbygong

First Grade
Heard the mixo scum were pumped again, and their delusional inbred supporter base think the fat unfit heap they signed from Melbourne is their saviour - boy are they in for a rude rude shock. Apparently the milkman and the sloth in their halves were attrocious once again, they'll go nowhere with worst defence and halves pairing in the NRL.