What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths need a clean out

You really don’t get it do you. Different era, rules and Competetion. No one is saying Souths haven’t won what they have, but the argument stands about how many teams they played the rules that were enforced plus no salary cap.

It’s not that hard mate. Play under the same rules and conditions and then compare.

Your shadow still stands clouded however since you got kicked out.

Like I said before, if Penrith could keep every player they wanted to, they would be every bit as dominate. But wait, the rules have changed… And it’s now a National competition and you now even travel further than Manly to play games.

Hang on blue bags is laughing can I laugh too.p.s. no worries cobber souths are winning the most premierships since 1908/2024 and that will probably be the case in 3024 a hundred years from now its been 116 years so far nothing seems to change cobber.

Nealo 12

First Grade
Black panther i just checked your history so you entered in 1967/2024 and won 6 premierships.
I'm a bit confused in the 1970's you changed from brown and white to black and white and added chocolate allsort colors in 1991?.then i think in 1997 you added a pink color jumper mate thats enough for me I cant keep up with all these color changes on your jumper its doing my head in its very puzzling.Souths have been red and green or cardinal and myrtle since 1908 we did adopt the minty wrapper colors a few decades ago of lime green and red but never changed our colors from red and green something I admire.
1729417199621.jpeg

Yes all clubs make different colored jumpers for revenue money but souths play in the cardinal and myrtle from round 1.p.s. my jumper is a 1950's cardinal and myrtle ex jimmy lisle short collar with a white bunny with a black eye jumper now thats history!

doyen

Bench
Yes that's right
The 12th minor premiership win
Dragons were finally beaten by the Bulldogs in the semi final
Dragons 11 grand finals run finished
The players in the 50s & 60s didn't have the advantage of being fulltime pros--most of those guys worked at real jobs---they weren't earning ridiculous amounts of money back then either---given all the advantages these players get today the Sths & Saints teams of those eras would have killed these modern day posers !!!

The players in the 50s & 60s didn't have the advantage of being fulltime pros--most of those guys worked at real jobs---they weren't earning ridiculous amounts of money back then either---given all the advantages these players get today the Sths & Saints teams of those eras would have killed these modern day posers !!!

Doyen its a big YES from me yes those were the days the players today are influenced from their cell phones with all the bad influences that come out of America they all think they are all snoop dog clones out of America lol...Doyen the world has turned to sh**t. I very much doubt it will ever return at least we saw the last of the good old days that had respect.Cheers Doyen.

Black Panther

Juniors
Mate the Props in those days are smaller than most outside backs now. Once again comparing eras is impossible. I would take the modern day player over the old days though. Players train a lot more these days so don’t need Fulltime work outside of Footy.

The greatest player of all time in rugby league was called the little master the late great Clive Churchill from south sydney whom played @ #7 ive witnessed churchill up end blokes bigger than Gordon tallis in his playing days.its the fight in the dog not the dog in the fight.whether the rugby league era is 1908 or 2024 or in another million years from now if your team has won more premierships than all of the other clubs then that makes that club the best of all time whether its a foundation club from 1908 or not. Forever in our shadow for 116 years and counting...no other club has won 21 premierships if there was no foundation clubs such as souths and the rorters then there would be no history think about it.

Can’t we just enjoy the achievements of teams from all eras without resulting to name calling and dick measuring? This modern achievement by Penrith rates equally with the great Souths and Saints teams. I for one, have admired and enjoyed it thus far.

Black Panther

Juniors
The greatest player of all time in rugby league was called the little master the late great Clive Churchill from south sydney whom played @ #7 ive witnessed churchill up end blokes bigger than Gordon tallis in his playing days.its the fight in the dog not the dog in the fight.whether the rugby league era is 1908 or 2024 or in another million years from now if your team has won more premierships than all of the other clubs then that makes that club the best of all time whether its a foundation club from 1908 or not. Forever in our shadow for 116 years and counting...no other club has won 21 premierships if there was no foundation clubs such as souths and the rorters then there would be no history think about it.
The Greatest player of all time? You simple person. Only Souths supporters would say that, and that’s not saying he wasn’t great either. But you seem to have your head firmly up your own arse.

You just can’t seem to acknowledge a great team Penrith are right now and continually go back 50 years when the game was totally different.

Black Panther

Juniors
17 GF wins, Balmain forfeited and 3 first past the post Premiership wins so that’s 4. Forever different rules, just saying.

Grand Final wins and Premiership wins are not the same.

Latest posts