What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths Roosters Game

Jimmy

Juniors
I have been watching Rugby League for many years and I have NEVER seen a team losing a match by letting in 2 converted tries in the last 3 minutes. It is probably a NRL record.

Packy

Bench
Dogs have had a few comebacks very similar.

The Paul Cariage game and the one where Hazem kicked a great goal from the sidelines against the Knights come to mind.

Mr Saab

Referee
Dogs vs the Warriors in 2001 was like this.
Warriors were down by like 16 points with 6 mins left and they scored three tries, but missed the conversion with the last try to win the game so it was 24 all

Last edited:

Alan Johnson

Juniors
Possibly Tigers v Warriors last year? Tigers certainly scored a load of points in the final ten minutes. Might have sewn it up before 3 to go though.

PaddyBoy

Juniors
Happened to Souths at some point but I can't remember when (2007?). Dogs have also made a few pretty quick comebacks.

Lockyer also pulled a lot of buzzer beating wins out of his arse, just not sure if that quickly from that far behind.

Jimmy

Juniors
Warriors were down by like 16 points with not long to go and they scored three tries, but missed the conversion to win the game so it was 24 all

I have seen many games where teams have come from nowhere to post a win but this was an exception. Even after the second try and the skirmish when the ref reminded the Roosters that the clock was still ticking, Souths were not in a hurry to kick off and you would not blame them. The kick was good and the Roosters had little time to run the length of the field to score and they did. Both teams were amazed but there was only one team rejoicing.

Highflyers

Juniors
Warriors vs Broncos is a game i remember somthing like this happening.. Seen this in other warrior games also - twice against souths, one they won another they lost. Saw tigers acheive this last yr against warriors and have seen the same in a doggies game.. These types of comebacks happen every year...

Mr Saab

Referee
I have seen many games where teams have come from nowhere to post a win but this was an exception. Even after the second try and the skirmish when the ref reminded the Roosters that the clock was still ticking, Souths were not in a hurry to kick off and you would not blame them. The kick was good and the Roosters had little time to run the length of the field to score and they did. Both teams were amazed but there was only one team rejoicing.

Yes, Monday was crazy, but to be down 16 points with 6 mins left and come back to draw is also a miracle.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
The Warriors knocked us off in eerily similar circumstances in 2007 at ANZ. 16-8 with about 4, maybe 5 minutes left at the most. McKinnon scores under the sticks to make it 14-16. We actually had a set of 6 after that try but got caught on the last inside our own half with about 40 seconds left. Michael Witt, I think, put in a grubber with no time left and it might have been Manu who won the race to the corner.

The Roosters one takes the cake though.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Just checked. McKinnon scores in the 77th and it was Skinny Byrne who got to the ball out wide in the 80th.

Tommax25

Bench
Penrith vs Brisbane in Brisbane (I think) had Penrith needing two tries in 2-3 minutes. It wa sa few years ago. That was the best comeback/last minute theft of a game I have seen. I think it was the last year Wallace played at Penrith.

TheDalek079

Bench
IIRC a few years ago the Cowboys scored three times in the final 10 to win a game. think Ash Graham scored the matchwinner

Chook Norris

First Grade
Penrith vs Brisbane in Brisbane (I think) had Penrith needing two tries in 2-3 minutes. It wa sa few years ago. That was the best comeback/last minute theft of a game I have seen. I think it was the last year Wallace played at Penrith.

yep. this game also comes to mind when thinking of great last minute comebacks

campbo

Juniors

Doubt this is the one you mean but it was 05 or 06 at Penrith, whatever year Paul Franze was at the club because he scored the 2 tries that was needed in the last 3mins to snatch a 2 point win after the siren.

Or are you talking about the game where Jennings scored with 2mins, possibly less, left, Wesser scored after the hooter and Wallace kicked the golden point field goal from 40m out?

Mr Saab

Referee
Or are you talking about the game where Jennings scored with 2mins, possibly less, left, Wesser scored after the hooter and Wallace kicked the golden point field goal from 40m out?

He means that one. 2007 and wallace kicked a 45m wobbly field goal to win the game.

Tommax25

Bench
He means that one. 2007 and wallace kicked a 45m wobbly field goal to win the game.

Thats the one. Incredible stuff, very similar to Monday's game, without the golden point aspect. I don't remember the paul franze one though.

Dragon_psa

First Grade
Warriors were down by like 16 points with 6 mins left and they scored three tries, but missed the conversion with the last try to win the game so it was 24 all

I remember that one - was in Wellington. One of the best comebacks I'd seen until Nathan Blacklocks last home game in 2004 against Manly.

Latest posts