What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths should feel hard done by - that was disgraceful officiating!

Card Shark

Immortal
Let's face it ... when you have a team owned by a media company it is imperative that team does well. Rub of the green, favourable tv slots, favourable decisions by officials appointed by a body that has 50% membership from the same media company, ratings of a state of 4 million dependent on their results. It has the stench of corruption. Who could forget Tim Mander' 4,287,714 looks at Pat Richards' try in round 26 in 2004. I am stunned if the broncos don't get 90% of dubious decisions. They get the rub of the green, the black, the yellow and the blue. They kissed the blarney stone and rupert's hairy, grey nutsack well before the mail order arrived

True.

Didn't see much of this match but watched start on fox replay after 2nd game ch 9 game. Saw Taylor drop it cold with no-one within cooee of him.

Can't criticise refs for mistakes when making them yourselves.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Which is exactly what they did.

Whilst it was a loose carry and he was looking for an offload, there were two Souths hands on the ball. Ref saw Souths hand on the ball and blew the penalty. Pretty simple really.
...Souths got penalised when they didn't actually stripe it. It is quite simple really.

Fire

First Grade
Ok, from the get-go, I want to make it perfectly clear, that I am not taking or having a go at the Broncos. They won, good on them. However, the Bunnies have every right to feel upset after the officiating last night. For some reason, the ref thought that on the 5th tackle, the Bunnies racked the ball out (why they would even consider doing something on the 5th is beyond me) and they get penalised... and the replayed clearly shows they got penalised for the Broncos trying to pass the ball back. They couldn't hold the next defensive set when instead they should've had the ball, and a try was scored.

Then, the Broncos score another try off what appears to be 2 forward sin a row. It was clear as daylight yet the officials missed both forward passes. There might be some discrepancies about whether or not the 2nd pass leading to the try was forward, but the first one certainly was.

Not taking anything away from the Broncos, but the Bunnies have every right to feel hard done by, and it's time for the NRL to take action and those refs should be held accountable in what was a closer game than the final score reveals.

In case you can't tell, this is coming from a mutual source - I support neither team!

Cool story bro.

some11

Referee
illK6U.gif

bmwpower

Juniors
Would hate to be the team that has to face Brisbane at home in the finals. If the regular season is anything to go by they are going to get raped by the men in pink and I don't mean the Broncos.

Dragons up there in week two of the finals last year

beads6

First Grade
The refs were ordinary on Friday night but the better team still won IMO. Souths were unlucky at times but they scored one try of their own back and an intercept try they were no certainties to win.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Broncos deserved the win.

We got some dud calls, but we have had some go our way in other games.

You just hope that it all evens out across the season, otherwise you will go bonkers worrying about it.

Last edited:

Stagger Lee

Bench
Broncos deserved the win.

We got some dud calls, but we have had some go are way in other games.

You just hope that it all evens out across the season, otherwise you will go bonkers worrying about it.

This ^^^^

A voice of reason yet a south's supporter - strange things do happen :shock:

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Mate, too late for Skeepe and a few of the Raiders lads, lol.

I am not saying that I don't bitch about bad calls, but it is what it is.

In terms of Skeepe, I hope he never changes because I love his posts in the game day threads. :lol:

A BF and his alter ego X Factor special.

Lol My post was an obvious troll, I always post something similar when there's a Broncos conspiracy thread; hence the only person that took a bite was derpex.

I didn't even watch the game on Friday night lmao.

Fire

First Grade
I think Friday night showed us why it will be very difficult for NSW to win Game Three...

BranVan3000

Coach
26-12 to me indicates the referee had little to do with the result...

Two tries that probably would not have been scored had the refs called the game right

I think the better team won, but Souths weren't given any chance to get back into it when having calls like that go against them on the fifth.