What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths Sign Elford - They just sign anyone

Front-Rower

First Grade
Good front on defensive player not too crash hot when a player has any sort of a step. Should be playing lock for the bunnies just as he did a few times at the penny panthers.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Souths should have thrown good money at Brett Anderson instead of "solid" players like Elford. So many good young players coming off contract and they sign 28 - 30 year olds on their way out.

Best signing so far is Stuart Webb, and Nathan Merritt a close second.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I dont think they need any more wingers, they need more forwards, Galuvao and Lowe are good signings but just need a bit more mongrel.

Speaking of Anderson what's his future?

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
PARRA_FAN said:
I dont think they need any more wingers, they need more forwards, Galuvao and Lowe are good signings but just need a bit more mongrel.

Speaking of Anderson what's his future?

Cowboys signed him apparently, but Souths shouldn't have signed Elford and Mellor and gone for Anderson instead. Good young 19 year old vs two old duds.. I know who I would have chased

PARRA_FAN

Coach
He's originally from North Qld isnt he, shame to see him go but probably didnt have much of a future at Parramatta anyway. I see your point about signing young guys, rather than Mellor and Elford.

Godz Illa

Coach
lol Careful croydon. Sully tends to get a bit snippy when his team sucks. Which is to say, he is always snippy.

Calvin

Juniors
JoeysChiropractor said:
Souths sign Tigers centre
August 2, 2005

SOUTH Sydney has today announced the signing of Wests Tigers centre Shane Elford for the next two NRL seasons.

Elford, 27, is veteran of 104 first grade games, having played with Penrith (1998-2003) and the Tigers for the past two seasons.

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,16126203-23214,00.html

Not having a go at Elford, but seriously why are Souths just signing anyone? I'd dare say that they've got enough wingers and centres available to them, do they think all of these guys can play in the forwards too? Maybe Hegarty or one of the MacDougalls are the answer to their half back worries...

It's called depth. He is a good solid first grader, and he can play lock

I wish he stayed at Penrith.

He is a great centre and had little choice but to leave Penrith as he couldn't get a regular first grade spot with Girdler, Whatuira & Waterhouse taking up the key positions.

And now, ironically, we have problems in the centres.

You Souths fans are extremely lucky to have a great player in your squad for next year.

smeghead

Bench
Well he has made both his opponenets at the Knights and Sharks look stupid so keep laughing it up guys. He will provide good service in the Souths backline next year

Latest posts