What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths Team Rnd 26

RedVDave

First Grade
South Sydney Rabbitohs:

Rhys Wesser, Nathan Merritt, Colin Best, Dylan Farrell, Fetuli Talanoa, Luke Capewell, Chris Sandow, Sam Burgess, Issac Luke, Roy Asotasi (c), Eddy Pettybourne, David Taylor, Michael Crocker.

Interchange: Jaiman Lowe, Shannan McPherson, Dave Tyrrell, Jamie Simpson.

http://www.nrl.com/

RedVDave

First Grade
South Sydney halfback Chris Sandow dislocates finger at training

538392-chris-sandow.jpg

Ouch..South Sydney's Chris Sandow dislocates his finger at training. Picture: Gregg Porteous Source: The Daily Telegraph

THIS is the image long-suffering South Sydney fans will not want to see as their season goes on the line against the Dragons this Sunday night.

Pocket dynamo Chris Sandow's right ring finger was badly dislocated in a training mishap - and suddenly Souths' title hopes looked to be heading in the wrong direction as well.
Sandow quickly exited Redfern Oval for medical attention. But there was good news last night with Sandow declared a certain starter in the final round crunch game that could springboard the Rabbitohs into the final eight, pending other results this weekend.
In the best form of his career in first grade, Sandow was initially devastated when he suffered the injury, admitting he was in tears not from the pain but rather from the possibility he may miss the all-important trip to Kogarah against the Dragons.
"I went through a gap at training and somebody's grabbed me and I went down on my side," Sandow said.
"I came straight off and into the medical room. It's still pretty sore.
"I had tears in my eyes because there's no way I wanted to miss Sunday. It's a big game for the club. It will be sore passing the ball, but I should be right."
Coach John Lang was adamant Sandow's injury would not keep him out of the big game. However, it remains to be seen whether the injury will affect his involvement, given that he has become Souths' chief playmaker since John Sutton was ruled out for the season.
Souths only made the one change yesterday with Eddy Pettybourne returning from suspension for the injured Jason Clark.
Souths will know before the game whether a victory over the Dragons will secure them a finals berth, needing either the Raiders to lose to Brisbane on Friday night or Manly to go down to Canterbury at Brookvale on Sunday.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...nger-at-training/story-e6frexnr-1225912543719

Cagey Mac

Bench
South Sydney halfback Chris Sandow dislocates finger at training

Ouch..South Sydney's Chris Sandow dislocates his finger at training. Picture: Gregg Porteous Source: The Daily Telegraph

Guess that he forgot to pull it out before he sat down!:sarcasm: