What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths V Brisbane [b]My transcript[/b]

HBG

Juniors
Here is a transcript of a game I played. I imagined I was up against Vodka.
Hopefully I won't get in Jeremy Schloss's shoe for this, but this is an example of a game. please note I typed this out some 2 months ago, with the idea of passing it on. At that stage the answere was no, but I hope this wets a few appetites.

10 minute halves. League God

Well it's a battle between David and Goliath.

Brisbane fresh from beating the Panthers 18 Nil, will take on the Winless Rabbitohs who lost to the Bulldogs in the first round 14-4.

Brisbane kick off (in the wet) and an early handling error sees Carlaw cross for an easy try. This sets up an easy conversion for De Vere. 6 Nil

Second tackle, what was that! Shane Walker is sinbinned for a head high tackle on former team mate Tallis. A mammoth kick by Ikin sees another hole probed by the Broncos Stuart Kelly. Again, Converted for a 12 nil lead.

Some great defence by the Rabbitohs straight from the kick off gives them an early reward with a try to Willie Peters. Craigie can't convert, and the score is now 12-4.

A set of 6 sees the advantage turn to the Bronco's with a brilliant run by De Vere who passes to Tallis for an easy try under the posts, with an easy kick to De Vere. 18-4

With barely enough time for a kick the Rabbitohs elect for a short kick which sees a dangerous run by Carlaw cut short by the diminutive Joven Clarke

Half Time 18-4 to the Broncos. Looks like another whitewash. :cry:

Souths kick off, and an early error by Ikin sees Souths cross the line with a great try near the posts by Hookey. Craigie converts, and Four points become 6.

Some blistering runs from Stringer, Fletcher, and Harrison lead to a break for Merritt to croos the line. Craigie again converts, and it's now 18-16.

The Rabbitohs, receive an early penalty, and kick for touch. On the 3rd tackle, a pass from Peters to Fletcher, who breaks the Broncos defence, slips the ball away to Merritt for try number 2. Souths hit the lead by 2 points (Craigie misses).

From here, the Souths forwards keep breaking the line, which allows Merritt a further 2 tries, and Peters another 1. Craigie is successful on each occasion. The highlight is when in the dying seconds, Paul Stringer conducts a 20 metre run, busting through for defenders for a try to the left of the goalpost.

Souths move to equal second with the Broncos on 2 points.

The End score 42-18

Souths (Merritt 4, Peters 2, Stringer, Hookey - Craigie 5 goals from 8)
Brisbane (Carlaw, Tallis, Kelly - De Vere 3 goals from 3)
Crowd 15420

PS The final version has Justin Smith as ths kicker in the X-box version.

Bunny Boy

Juniors
HBG said:
Hopefully I won't get in Jeremy Schloss's shoe for this......

:lol: :lol: :lol:

HBG said:
PS The final version has Justin Smith as ths kicker in the X-box version.

Is he the kicker in the PC version coming out ? If not, are we able to change who the kicker is ?

Great thread btw.

UP THE BUNNIES !!!

Wigan Warrior

Juniors
Just a thought here but i can see a bit of a trend taking place regarding handling errors from the kick offs. Is it very common for a player to drop the ball in the first tackle of the game?

Thanks for taking the time to type that out mate,sounds pretty good.

HBG

Juniors
The crowd was an estimate by myself.

Bear in mind that the game was played in the wet, so handling errors are more likely. Also, the code is well over 2 months old, so it still required a few tweaks. When I played the X-box final release, there wasn't one off the kick-off in any of the games I played.

buster bunny

Juniors
Go the Rabbitohs!!! So much for this game discriminating against Souths. I want this game even more now!!! :eek:

Clevo

Juniors
Well if this transcript was played in God mode and the player was playing Brissy I would be happy(ish)

But if HBG was playing easy mode and as Souths.....pffft! :lol: My Grandma could do that too! :)

Would prefer to see that game in real life though LOL!

HBG

Juniors
Hey I once held the World record for Time Pilot, clocked Galaga twice in 1 game, not too mention clocked Naughy Boy. Mind you, I suck at Pacman, Space Invaders, and Rally X.
However, I am pretty good at Donkey Kong.

Clevo

Juniors
LOL HBG... so we know that you probably need some vitamin D and probably eat too much Pizza and Pepsi.... and that one person games need to improve AI algorythms.

But did you cheat in the Souths game???? ;-)

Ausguy

Coach
Clevo said:
Well if this transcript was played in God mode and the player was playing Brissy I would be happy(ish)

But if HBG was playing easy mode and as Souths.....pffft! :lol: My Grandma could do that too! :)

Would prefer to see that game in real life though LOL!

i was presuming it was an AI v AI game?

Latest posts