What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths vs dragons

southsport

First Grade
Apparently the boys looked sharp and focussed at training with Reyno at half, Keary at 5/8, Sutto in the back-row and Gray on the wing instead of Reddy..........read into that what you will.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Apparently the boys looked sharp and focussed at training with Reyno at half, Keary at 5/8, Sutto in the back-row and Gray on the wing instead of Reddy..........read into that what you will.

Yeah read that too....someone also said Reyno was doing kicking in Botany the other day and was looking sharp, still a bit rusty on the legs but kicking was top notch. Not sure if I want him back so soon but it would definitely help our chances against St George.

southsport

First Grade
Yeah read that too....someone also said Reyno was doing kicking in Botany the other day and was looking sharp, still a bit rusty on the legs but kicking was top notch. Not sure if I want him back so soon but it would definitely help our chances against St George.

I'm surprised he was running at training, they said Walker looked sharp too.

Rabbits20

Immortal

We will just have to wait until Monday but that sounds very good to me.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Training can't be our absolute best, game day must be an exemplary performance.

Wins and the 2 points aren't given out for being perfect at training!

No doubt just before kick off on Monday Madge will give them a massive rev up!

St George Illawarra Dragons' Dylan Farrell braced for battle with South Sydney Rabbitohs' Greg Inglis

Date May 9, 2015 - 2:25PM
Daniel Lane

Sports reporter & Video journalist

St George Illawarra centre Dylan Farrell said he had been channelling the memory of his second match in first grade to help prepare for Monday night's match against his old club South Sydney and, more poignantly, defending against the destructive, Greg Inglis.
Five years ago and one week after he enjoyed a remarkable NRL debut with a hat-trick of tries for Souths against the Wests Tigers, Farrell found himself in the nightmarish scenario of defending against Inglis who was then playing with the Melbourne Storm.
"It's my [24th] birthday on Friday and I don't know if this is an early present," he joked about facing up to Inglis again. "Playing Inglis is a pet hate, it's not the best.
"He's so big and strong and fast – you have to work well [as a team] to stop him. He's too hard to tackle one-on-one, you've got to do it with your edge, with a few boys around you. It's never fun.
"When he was at Melbourne I played against him in my second game for Souths and he was my favourite player so I was looking forward to it but I was nervous. I thought I went all right but I played purely on adrenaline.
"Every time he got the ball I was up on him quickly. I went low because there was no way I was going near his fend. Then, when he signed with Souths I was very pleased to think I'd never have to defend against 'GI' again but, here I am and defending against him again."
Farrell is in his second season with the Dragons but making up for lost time after last year was written off when he tore his left pectoral muscle in round six and then his right one when he returned to action in the NSW Cup.
The defending premiers have lost their last three games to North Queensland, Cronulla and Canberra and Farrell said he could easily imagine how their coach Michael Maguire would be preparing them for Monday night's game at ANZ Stadium.
"Their main focus will be on getting back to what they do best, it'll be a very big game," he said. "They're going to want to go up the middle, they also have classy backs and they're strong all over the park. They stand up pretty well and they'll try and expose us from all over the park.
"We have to be 'on' when we play them, but it's exciting. I like playing against them, they've been the benchmark over the last couple of years and I still have a few mates there. It's always good to play against your old mates and always good to play against the benchmark to challenge yourself."
However, Farrell said Souths would be meeting a top-of-the-table St George Illawarra who, under coach Paul McGregor, had fostered a key ingredient for success.
"The best things about the Dragons is our balance in the playing group, we're genuinely good mates," he said. "I think that's half the battle – playing for one another."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ey-rabbitohs-greg-inglis-20150509-ggxtpf.html

hurricane57

Juniors
St George Illawarra Dragons' Dylan Farrell braced for battle with South Sydney Rabbitohs' Greg Inglis

Date May 9, 2015 - 2:25PM
Daniel Lane

Sports reporter & Video journalist

St George Illawarra centre Dylan Farrell said he had been channelling the memory of his second match in first grade to help prepare for Monday night's match against his old club South Sydney and, more poignantly, defending against the destructive, Greg Inglis.
Five years ago and one week after he enjoyed a remarkable NRL debut with a hat-trick of tries for Souths against the Wests Tigers, Farrell found himself in the nightmarish scenario of defending against Inglis who was then playing with the Melbourne Storm.
"It's my [24th] birthday on Friday and I don't know if this is an early present," he joked about facing up to Inglis again. "Playing Inglis is a pet hate, it's not the best.
"He's so big and strong and fast ? you have to work well [as a team] to stop him. He's too hard to tackle one-on-one, you've got to do it with your edge, with a few boys around you. It's never fun.
"When he was at Melbourne I played against him in my second game for Souths and he was my favourite player so I was looking forward to it but I was nervous. I thought I went all right but I played purely on adrenaline.
"Every time he got the ball I was up on him quickly. I went low because there was no way I was going near his fend. Then, when he signed with Souths I was very pleased to think I'd never have to defend against 'GI' again but, here I am and defending against him again."
Farrell is in his second season with the Dragons but making up for lost time after last year was written off when he tore his left pectoral muscle in round six and then his right one when he returned to action in the NSW Cup.
The defending premiers have lost their last three games to North Queensland, Cronulla and Canberra and Farrell said he could easily imagine how their coach Michael Maguire would be preparing them for Monday night's game at ANZ Stadium.
"Their main focus will be on getting back to what they do best, it'll be a very big game," he said. "They're going to want to go up the middle, they also have classy backs and they're strong all over the park. They stand up pretty well and they'll try and expose us from all over the park.
"We have to be 'on' when we play them, but it's exciting. I like playing against them, they've been the benchmark over the last couple of years and I still have a few mates there. It's always good to play against your old mates and always good to play against the benchmark to challenge yourself."
However, Farrell said Souths would be meeting a top-of-the-table St George Illawarra who, under coach Paul McGregor, had fostered a key ingredient for success.
"The best things about the Dragons is our balance in the playing group, we're genuinely good mates," he said. "I think that's half the battle ? playing for one another."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ey-rabbitohs-greg-inglis-20150509-ggxtpf.html

Remember the game well, have it still on video, Souths down 22 - nil after fifteen minutes, Sandow kicked the ball over the side line two metres from the Saints try line, from a Saints try, so that Souths fed the scrum which they subsequently won and the Burgess that went to Manly charged at the posts, got tackled so he threw the ball over his shoulders, the ball went wide to Farrell who scored in the corner - never doubted for a minute that Souths would win. (never replaced the Souths jumper I ripped down the front and my wife constantly reminds me of every xmas).

rabbitohs95

Bench
Nathan Brown lined up for the Bears as did Clark I think thats an indication Reyno will come back, Sutto goes to second row and Grevsmuhl goes on the bench...

alien

Referee
Nathan Brown lined up for the Bears as did Clark I think thats an indication Reyno will come back, Sutto goes to second row and Grevsmuhl goes on the bench...

f**ken awesome if true! i think they'll be pumped for this game! :)

Rabbits20

Immortal

Clark shouldn't be playing for the Bears he should be on the bench tomorrow.

I'm pissed off that Ben Lowe gets a bench spot over Clark.

Maybe Clark turned up to training late and was dropped for this game due to Madge's high standards.

I don't bloody know but I'm scratching my head as to why Lowe gets in over Clark.

Opinions on this guys????

This was my post about Lowe and I eat all my words, I was fully proven wrong.

The way he played is what playing for South Sydney is all about!!!

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
f**ken awesome if true! i think they'll be pumped for this game! :)

Tbh I've been confident for the last 5 days that we will win in a close one!

Fingers, toes and everything crossed.

Souths have to want it more and be fully switched on.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Will Reddy be in on the wing or will Gray replace him?

Anymore word on this today?

Is Reddy injured possibly?

Reddy wasn't in the training gallery images on Rabbitohs Official Website for yesterday's training session.

lafai

Bench
Clark shouldn't be playing for the Bears he should be on the bench tomorrow.

I'm pissed off that Ben Lowe gets a bench spot over Clark.

Maybe Clark turned up to training late and was dropped for this game due to Madge's high standards.

I don't bloody know but I'm scratching my head as to why Lowe gets in over Clark.

Opinions on this guys????

I agree Lowe is awful. Even Picker is better

Last edited:

Latest posts