What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths Want Widders

stuke

Bench
remember that Widders was first linked with a move to the Knights to stay under Smith as he was such a great coach for him. now JT has saved his career.

it would be a hard thing to sign with souths, especially the first player....then you have to sit back and wait and see who else comes along for the ride with you.

i would like to keep him but definitely not pay 'overs' for him.

Nikki

Coach
Dunno if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but Souths are also chasing Delaney. There will be a good chance the MacDougall boys wont be there next year...

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Good point Slippery, thats why i can't understand why we appointed him, we were better off signing Craig Coleman as coach, atleast we'd know he wasn't going anywhere.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Central_Coasters said:
I dont want widders 2 go. Just because JT resurected his career dosent mean he should follow him all the way 2 redfern. He could even take morrisons place permanently when he goes.

Hey dude you live near me woohoo,im on Scenic hwy!!!!

Come to Woolies;-)

slippery eel

Juniors
Ron Jeremy said:
Good point Slippery, thats why i can't understand why we appointed him, we were better off signing Craig Coleman as coach, atleast we'd know he wasn't going anywhere.

Players would have to be stupid in following JT to Souths unless offerred a lot of money.

Fitzgerald is no help at all. Does this guy seriously give a sh!t about Parra?

Nikki

Coach
See Deano I can understand going to Souths. I can see him doing a lot of good work in the Redfern community.

But Delaney is at the start of his career... He can do a lot better than Souths. Hopefully he decides to stay

Pazza

First Grade
cardinal said:
Forget about Dean starting instead of Morrison that is a joke hindy hould have to make 70 tackles a game instead of 50, we need a workaholic to fill his spot.I say if he wants to go and make some extra money no worries,souths are not going to play finals for at least 5 years, so good luck. Dean has been great for us but he can be replaced by Riddell as a running backrower or Mateo off the bench. I dont think Dean will ever have the fitness to be a 80 min player

Why are we under the impression that if we have another workaholic second row that hindy will make less tackles? Hindmarsh has played next to players such as Morrison, Ryan, I Hindmarsh, Larson, Fitzgibbon, Simpson, Menzies, O'donnell and still he has come up with a huge amount of tackles. Its not the team its him. He has to stop thinking he has to hit everything that moves and trust his team mates. Focus more on his attackign game. I think most of us would be more happy with a 30 tackle 15 hitups hindmarsh than a 40 - 50 tackle hindmarsh with 5-10 hitups

Tyler Durden

Juniors
very, very true
sad truth is that hindy will be cutting at least a couple of years off his career if he keeps going on like this. i'm actually fearful that hindy will have to retire before his long contract with parra finishes.

his workload is already ridiculous with a full nrl season, origin, tri-nations
and plays a full 80min in most of those games, which is very rare for forwards.
the body just can't keep getting bashed around without something giving up

Stagger eel

Staff member
slippery eel said:
Players would have to be stupid in following JT to Souths unless offerred a lot of money.

Fitzgerald is no help at all. Does this guy seriously give a sh!t about Parra?

Fitzy's got absalutely nothing to do with recruiting.

sooperdooper

First Grade
Nikki said:
See Deano I can understand going to Souths. I can see him doing a lot of good work in the Redfern community.

But Delaney is at the start of his career... He can do a lot better than Souths. Hopefully he decides to stay
delaney wont go to souths

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
if widders REALLY wants to go to souths, then good luck to him, hes gonna need it.

When I hindmarsh was at parra, he was the one making 50 tackles a game, while nathan was the wide running forward.

N hindy has just naturally progressed into what he is, it wouldnt have mattered who we bought he still would be the same machine

The Colonel

Immortal
Widders going to Souths is effectively career suicide. He has finally caught the eye of rep selectors and played for Country (had a great game IMO with limited opportunities). Staying at the Eels or moving to a similarly strong club would help him immensely.

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
If Widders goes, Riddell could be a good replacement to play that interchange back rower after he starts at hooker and comes off for PJ. He hasn't got Widders creativity but he has got a good running and tackling game. It would mean PJ could play a lot more game time as well as Riddell and we could better utilise both players as well as freeing up a bench spot

lucablight

First Grade
eelavation said:
Fitzy's got absalutely nothing to do with recruiting.

How do you know this? When there were rumours of Mundine coming here he was the first one to deny them.

Stagger eel

Staff member
lucablight said:
How do you know this? When there were rumours of Mundine coming here he was the first one to deny them.

the head coach has a say in the player roster, 100%...I know this may come as a surprise to you but Fitzy has hardley nothing to do with the day to day operation of the football club. he will be reported to and will also sign of on cheques but has nothing to do with what player retained, released or signed.

btaag

Juniors
I want to win the lottery, it doesnt mean its going to happen.

Unless the bunnies are offering $500k, why would Dean go there?

Latest posts