What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soward, Do ya Love him yet

Walsh has an excellent short kicking game and is a gun goalkicker. He lacks everything else and Soward has been a massive upgrade

mxlegend99

Referee
Walsh is thought of poorly because he played a good game every two months and without him our chances at winning were no worse.

He was the only half ever given a chance. Austin is playing better for the Tigers then Walsh ever did for us. But he got a single game to prove himself.

Karnivayne

Juniors
I was never a fan of Walsh but he never had an actual 5/8 partnering him, looked a little more consistent with Isaac John but if he had a decent 5/8 like Soward would he have been more consistent or are there styles too conflicting?

Last edited:

Blues Riff

Bench
How did he go against his old side, from an unbiased point of view of course ?
They gave him man of the match. Nothing fancy from James though, just did his job. They all did.
I didn't hear much booing from the WIN crowd. Pretty quiet. Very quiet in fact. HAHA DEATHLY f**kIN' QUIET !

The Teach

Juniors
With all due respect, it's not his job to make hit ups, especially with the forwards doing their job. Yes, he could have taken the line on a bit but he really didn't need to today. I love how lethal a combination him and Chicko are forming.

franklin2323

Immortal
I wouldn't mind a show and go like Trent Hodkinson.Remember when Soward did it in origin

The main aim is to get Smith up to speed & to get us to the top 4. His kicking game does that for us. Smith is the fastest at the club & has great footwork but needs confidence has 4 more games to get to that level.

benntash

Juniors
I've been happy with the way smith has handled himself. Bit unlucky not to bag his first try yesterday.
The whole team played great and their defensive effort to hold them out for repeat sets was solid.
Idris looks as if he's playing with abit more confidence. Would like to see him run straighter more rather then crabbing from side to side.
Great effort all round

Pomoz

Bench
The main aim is to get Smith up to speed & to get us to the top 4. His kicking game does that for us. Smith is the fastest at the club & has great footwork but needs confidence has 4 more games to get to that level.
Well said. I think he is doing a good job of easing his way in, improving his defence and finding his feet. Once his confidence gets up, I hope will see him run at the line and try a few things. He is blistering fast and I noticed when he misses a tackle he is usually always good for a second attempt to tidy up, using his pace to go again.

franklin2323

Immortal
Well said. I think he is doing a good job of easing his way in, improving his defence and finding his feet. Once his confidence gets up, I hope will see him run at the line and try a few things. He is blistering fast and I noticed when he misses a tackle he is usually always good for a second attempt to tidy up, using his pace to go again.

If he missed a tackle is wasn't as bad as last week. He almost scored off a Dragons error and put a handy kick in. So there's inprovement already. Round 25 or 26 should be the game we need him doing 1/3rd of the kicks etc

franklin2323

Immortal
I was never a fan of Walsh but he never had an actual 5/8 partnering him, looked a little more consistent with Isaac John but if he had a decent 5/8 like Soward would he have been more consistent or are there styles too conflicting?

I say the same of Walsh aswell and I am far from a fan of his. No once Soward was signed Walsh had to go. I don't rate Wallace but atleast he's solid in defence so it keeps us with a solid defensive line

betcats

Referee
He led the chase on that kick and tackled the fb close to his own line.

With Wallace out Soward has taken over all the organising, his games will be a lot more like that for the rest of the season.