What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soward (early release)

Joey_dragons

Juniors
Just reading the daily telegraph with reports dragons are happy to release soward as soon as possible from his contract. Dragons have been speaking to his manager about it. Also a rumour that price might be dropping soward to the cutters.

Www.dailytelegraph.com.au

Last edited:

TheRev

Coach
Price does my head in.. why wait this long without trying anything, then tell him hes free to go?

Only way this makes sense is that we have a halfback signed in the bag.. but even then id have played Soward+new halfback.

TheRev

Coach
Reading the full tele article, seems like its more a case of Soward vs Price again, we all assumed he would drop him to cutters for a few weeks, but seems like it might have boiled to a head and they just want him gone completely.

Penrith's christmases have come at once.. if they have the cash to pay upfront.. maybe we will use the transfer fee to pay for Rangi's transfer, or pay out Price's contract.

Minh

First Grade
I love Soward but it's time for both he and the Dragons to move on it's not doing either party any good, good luck Sowie.

Reading the full tele article, seems like its more a case of Soward vs Price again, we all assumed he would drop him to cutters for a few weeks, but seems like it might have boiled to a head and they just want him gone completely.

Penrith's christmases have come at once.. if they have the cash to pay upfront.. maybe we will use the transfer fee to pay for Rangi's transfer, or pay out Price's contract.

Excuse my memory loss here, and maybe it is dumb, but what was it again with Nathan Brown these days? (Rev your profile pic made me think)

I know Sheens' name is being bandied around, but at most a director of coaching maybe - not as our head coach. I think his tenure at tigers, a club characterised by player dissent, is oversized baggage.

I thought the fairytale / master plan was to send him away, get his stripes and come back an immortal / faithful / accredited / skilled / love the guy / dragon's coach

TheRev

Coach
Not sure on Browny Black, is he still coaching overseas?

This article (if its true anyway) is interesting because it means we will probably be a different halves combo this week either way, I just dont know who its going to be, Drinkwater/Fien probably but thats 2 halfbacks?

Edit: Dugen to 5/8?

Last edited:
At first glance it is a rather obtuse way to bring about a change in the halves. But now I'm thinking it is canniving.

Steve Price should have dealt with Soward with more respect and dignity when he dropped him 12 months ago - (that's right, he has done it before)'and explained it more openly and honestly. Instead he was happy to let the media believe it was about some back-problem. B.S.

He's doing it again - feeding Soward to squeeling fans and hungry media, instead of owning the authority he has as the coach to make the hard decisions.

Of course, it may not be him at all, but a management strategy to fee up some cash for.... ?

Here's hoping.

Steelman

Juniors
What a disgrace!!!! No matter what u think of soward he won the dragons a hell of a lot of games. Should be treated with more respect! !!!!!!!!

Capital_Dragon

Juniors
Soward is clearly off his game and off to Penrith so we may as well use the rest of 2013 to do some experimenting in the halves. I will always respect Jamie for what he did for us in 2010 but if he isn't up to scratch then he can't expect to hold his spot.

But our problems run much deeper than that. Pity we can't drop Price to the Cutters for few weeks.

Dragons_Head

Juniors
if this is true then it is a big mistake... fair enough he is going to penrith next year but make the most of his experience while he's at the club, he should be there with drinkwater helping him in first grade. i dont see how bringing drinkwater in with fien is going to benefit us

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
What a load of bullshit this story is. With no direct quotes from anyone this idiot is making a story based on his observations. What a wanker. Anyone can be a journalist these days

Mr Red

First Grade
Price does my head in.. why wait this long without trying anything, then tell him hes free to go?

Only way this makes sense is that we have a halfback signed in the bag.. but even then id have played Soward+new halfback.

+1
although i agree Sowards form has been down, it seems he is now becoming the Price scapegoat for his own ineptness...
this is not fair on Soward. Having a decent halfback plus a decent game plan would help Soward play his own type of game.
Price looked totally clueless in the coaches box, head in hands most of the match... totally embarassing..

Twenty10

Juniors
There's more to this. If this happens it would have more to do with his attitude than his on field performances. Hes privately filthy that the club didnt offer him a contract. That at some point surely has to have an impact on him personally and professionally.

getsmarty

Immortal
Its Rothfield... pure dribble...puts the boot in when teams are down... Hey Phil...why don't you write about your own team and ASADA

Latest posts