What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soward is a ball hog

Utey

Coach
Immortal said:
:lol:

owned.png

:lol::lol::lol:

dragonfire

Bench
Slackboy72 said:
I'm just surprised that Soward is so fast. He can really teararse down the field. So yes he did hog it a couple of times but that is probably because he backs himself and his speed. Give him time and he'll learn to back his teammates too.

i had heard a few people keep saying how fast he was, didnt get to see it till yesterday. If we get some momentum he should try to start running the ball out of dummy half, against tiring teams it could be quite effective

OVP

Coach
Southernsaint said:
We're gonna win the League. I know you don't believe us..........

You may not win, but Soward will help you at least to throw the cat amongst the pigeons. Im still gutted our dumbarse club let him go ... but it truly does show who's club is doing the right thing and who's club isnt. Given what Brown has at his disposal, i think he's doing a damn fine job.

phonetic

Juniors
OVP said:
Given what Brown has at his disposal, i think he's doing a damn fine job.

Here here.

I can't think of any other sides who would be going any better than we are with the same injury toll.

As for Soward, his speed is something we've lacked in the halves for many years.

Noel Goldthorpe
Gavin Clinch
Ben Kusto
Matt Rodwell
Willie Peters
Brett Firman
Mat Head

All good players in their own right (I know that's a stretch for some of the names there), but no real zip there is there?

hairy asad

Juniors
lucablight said:
A few weeks ago against the Eels the Dragons would have been in the lead at halftime if Soward had passed the ball. Today against Manly when he made the break he had plenty of support on his outside yet he refused to pass the ball and consequently the game was alot closer than it should have been. Has anyone else noticed this?

He is not!

Even if you think he is which he isn't he is a halfback and they are expected to hold onto the ball a lot.
Especially since he is so young and has a lot to learn it is a great sign as it shows he has the confidence in his own game and that is one aspect of the game that cannot be coached and often takes years to develop.

OVP

Coach
phonetic said:
Here here.

I can't think of any other sides who would be going any better than we are with the same injury toll.

As for Soward, his speed is something we've lacked in the halves for many years.

Noel Goldthorpe
Gavin Clinch
Ben Kusto
Matt Rodwell
Willie Peters
Brett Firman
Mat Head

All good players in their own right (I know that's a stretch for some of the names there), but no real zip there is there?

You know something ? I wish my club, The Roosters, had someone like Nathan Brown in our coaching staff. I truly hope Saints make it into the final 8 ... ive never ever seen a more deserving team, EVER. Good luck you young Saints fans, your club is on a winner. Trust me, just following my club atm, shows the one club on a BIG LOSER :(

hairy asad

Juniors
lucablight said:
A few weeks ago against the Eels the Dragons would have been in the lead at halftime if Soward had passed the ball. Today against Manly when he made the break he had plenty of support on his outside yet he refused to pass the ball and consequently the game was alot closer than it should have been. Has anyone else noticed this?

Did you see the game today? I think you owe someone an apology.

hairy asad

Juniors
Godz Illa said:
The pass to Cooper for try number ten was quite nice indeed.

Yeh cooper and soward both had great games. Cooper backed up his solid origin display quite nicely indeed IMO.

Latest posts