What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soward's Bite

Bring back choc

Juniors
i saw it happen. It was nothing. Ballin had his forarm across sowards mouth. it was pushed into his mouth. End of story. Manly flogged. Sucked in.

Jasdragon

Juniors
i guess its there way of trying to bring us down......he probably opened his mouth in disgust at the tackle and the rest is history. Still trying to figure out how you can bite someone when u r wearing a mouth guard!!!

Didn't Tyson manage to do it????

Jasdragon

Juniors
sowardthebiter.jpg

Doesn't look good!

Video: Lucky escape for Soward
http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/video.aspx?videoid=c38bd64b-f950-469b-9c68-008e03842ca3

Last edited:

Dutchy

Immortal
Jeez there are some biased merkins in here.

Soward bit Ballin. Ballin is being the bigger man and not complaining. Kudos to Ballin for leaving it on the field.

dragonfire

Bench
to be honest i dont know wtf Soward was thinking if he did actually bite him. No need for that and a bit of a let down imo.

Willow

Assistant Moderator

Mr Red

First Grade
i am sure Mr Bennett would have a word to soward about this - accidental or not. Soward was being baited all afternoon and i suspect this incident was a build up of the frustration.
Soward being the form playmaker of the comp will have to get used to this type of attention especially leading into the finals and learn to cop it sweet and not react. imagine soward getting suspended in the finals due to a stupid incident out of frustration?

Gaba

First Grade
http://www.smh.com.au/news/lhqnews/...ing-the-bite-on/2009/07/13/1247337076815.html

NRL match review chief Greg McCallum said that after watching footage of the alleged biting incident, he contacted the Sea Eagles to see if Ballin wanted the matter taken further but was told he did not.
"Sometimes when an arm gets near a player's mouth there can be a bit of scraping," McCallum said. "I can only draw the conclusion that the player didn't feel like he was bitten."

Thats the important bit , it was an incident which made out to be bigger then it is

i am sure Mr Bennett would have a word to soward about this - accidental or not. Soward was being baited all afternoon and i suspect this incident was a build up of the frustration.
Soward being the form playmaker of the comp will have to get used to this type of attention especially leading into the finals and learn to cop it sweet and not react. imagine soward getting suspended in the finals due to a stupid incident out of frustration?

Good point. Bennett will definitely have a word with Jamie. Teams have started targeting him now. They want to try and shut him down, but like the Manly game proved, it will be easier said then done.

Jasdragon

Juniors
It was a sh*t and low act, no one here should be supporting it, he should have got a couple of weeks at least, that sh*t should not be in the game! I really like Sowy (one of my favorite players) but he has really disappointed me here :(, i know he copped heaps but that's no excuse to do what he did, I'm glad he apologised for it.

big pat

Coach
1, i think i'll give soward benefit of the doubt here, he doesn't appear to be a dirty player to me,
2, he was remorseful and said sorry a couple of times,
3, people shouldn't get caught up in rubbish just to sell newspapers,
4, if bennett thought jaime acted in a unsporting manner, he would hand out his own punishment let alone the judiciary.