What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

special trys

POPEYE

Coach
Johnson's was intentional and Mead's adlib . . . still the best bounce of the ball in history

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Johnsons try showed that the hype about him is not misguided, he could be an absolute champion, all things going right. Mead's handling showed how high the skills of rugby league players are these days, especially compared to other sports. Again, Mead is a special talent.

But to my eyes the biggest talent on show out of both games is Jack Reed. This kid will be a superstar.

POPEYE

Coach
Johnsons try showed that the hype about him is not misguided, he could be an absolute champion, all things going right. Mead's handling showed how high the skills of rugby league players are these days, especially compared to other sports. Again, Mead is a special talent.

But to my eyes the biggest talent on show out of both games is Jack Reed. This kid will be a superstar.

Crikey . . . another one. Darth Vader has learned the error of his ways. Good post

Alan Johnson

Juniors
That Mead try was incredible, but I doubt he (or anyone else) will do that again. Whereas I wouldn't be surprised if Johnson has a few more of those type of tries in him.

cornerposter

Juniors
Those two Warriors trys last night were pretty f**king good and kept their team in the contest given they were being dominated.

Johnson's by a long way. Mead's was more luck than anything imo. Johnson beat 6 or 7 players with strength, speed and footwork. Special player.

In the first 20 minutes I thought the Broncos pack outplayed the Warriors, not much field position for us, two long range tries against the run of play put us in the game. The back en of he first half, we improved and gained control. But then you guys scored against the run of play.

cornerposter

Juniors
I thought Warriors were dominating us in the middle for large portions of that game.
puh-lease. We lost Hannant and still handled them up the middle.

As for the Mead try, I think you guys are selling it short by calling it arsey. While not as brilliant as Johnson's try, definitely one out of the "I've never seen that before" box.

Snappy

Coach
puh-lease. We lost Hannant and still handled them up the middle.

Handled and dominated are two very different things.

We should prob be discussing this in the broncos forum, but have you seen the stats ? They suggest things were pretty evan in that department.

Latest posts